SlimSheep
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Thanks! I have been pretty happy with this firmware update.

I bought two soundtouch 10s in 2015, which made both of them crippled of airplay2 due to the early batch machine lack of necessary apple wifi chip. I contacted the services support two weeks ago and was offered free of charge change of wifi chip and free two way UPS shipping. Given the current situation out there, I was not expecting to have these two devices serviced easily. Couple of years back when my first Bose headphone was broken and out of warranty,  I reached out to support for help and offered a free pair of new headphones. 

I am really happy about my experience with Bose products.

Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hello, 

I have sountouch 30 and two soundtouch adapter..  My soundtouch 30 got updated with Airplay features but my soundtouch adapters  & Lifestyle 535 II not getting updated.

is there any way I can do manual update ?

Thank you

caneddy70
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Same here, bose sucks!!!

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh Kumar wrote:

Hello, 

I have sountouch 30 and two soundtouch adapter..  My soundtouch 30 got updated with Airplay features but my soundtouch adapters  & Lifestyle 535 II not getting updated.

is there any way I can do manual update ?

Thank you

Hello @Suresh Kumar 

Unfortunately the adaptors and your older Lifestyle 535 are not getting the upgrade. Some SoundTouch 30 series III speakers have to be sent in for a hardware upgrade. I can’t see Bose expanding the upgrade to other older models. 

Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Thank you for your update......

a.woodley86
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Hi Wayne, 

Ever since I updated to this firmware, my speaker now won't connect to wifi. 

I've reinstalled the firmware twice and I've reset my wifi connection several times to check those basic things were working. 

My wifi is very strong and works with everything else in the house, except my soundtouch 300, which up until this firmware release, was working perfectly. 

Can you please advise how to fix this?

I'd also be willing to reinstall older firmware if that's possible as a quick fix solution.

Regards, 

Andrew

jbaena
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Same problem here!!!

I have a soundtouch 30, many attempts to reconnect to my wifi network, but nothing happen. Before this update, there no were problems and now I am very sad :(. 

Please Bose, can you help up us ASAP.?

Thanks!!

keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Hi Bose,

Same thing happening here.

My ST 30 & 20 - working fine for years, now both off WiFi and unable to re connect, even if I factory reset.

My LS 650 also shows an orange indicator.

What have you done ???

tatonko
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi,
I have kind of a similar problem with my Soundtouch 20 series iii: infinite buffering.

I use Spotify and TuneIn radio and most of the times I try to listen to them I get infinite buffering. I've tried everything: Factory reset, forcing firmware updates, static IP in my network.

Originally I had it connected and switched to LAN as thought it might be a network issue.. no luck.
Additionally, I don't see the speaker in the iOs Airplay devices.. not that I care though..

As someone mentioned, is there a way to manually downgrade to a previous FW version?

I've been really happy with my Bose for the last 4 years but lately has been pissing me off really bad. It's not a 25 **bleep**ty speaker, its a 300+€ device, please, fix it or give us a temporary way to fix it (a real one, not suggesting factory resets and switching to ethernet).

Vicky_W

Hello tatonko, 

I am so sorry that you are having this issue. I would love to help. Can I please confirm if this happens when you are connected via Bluetooth at all? I would like to locate the source of the issue so that we can get it fixed. Also, have you updated your SoundTouch app recently? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!