PatrickBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

SoundTouch - Global Player

Within the past year 2 radio stations I listened to on Soundtouch, Jazz FM & Classic FM, are no longer available on TuneIn. I can streamed Jazz FM on Soundtouch by adding their URL. This is not possible with Classic FM as they do not provide a URL. Classic FM recommend listening on Global Player. When will Global Player be available on Soundtouch?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
ClickSte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Re: Global Player

Not at home now to confirm, but I'm sure these are on Radio Player too which you should be able to add.

Highlighted
PatrickBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: SoundTouch - Global Player

To stream these stations on Radio Player I would have to reside in the UK from where Jazz FM & Classic FM originate, I don't. Radio Player is country specific. One can only stream on RadioPlayer stations that broadcast from the country in which the listener is residing. Therefore the need for Global Player.

Highlighted
ClickSte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Ah I thought you were in the UK too, Global Player is geolocked to the UK, the stations are still on TuneIn for me, but not out of the country - looks like Global have locked down their stations 😞

Highlighted
PatrickBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Has Bose SoundTouch any plans, in the near future, to offer additional internet radio stations through GlobalPlayer?

Highlighted

Hello PatrickBe, 

Thanks for posting. 

I am unaware of any plans to add GlobalPlayer to SoundTouch. However, I will raise a feature request for this if you would like. 

If anyone else would like this added, please do let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
etkelley
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Highlighted
Victoriaa
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

There’s a world of music out there. This compact system lets you easily enjoy all of it. Use it to stream millions of songs from music services such as Spotify® and Deezer, thousands of Internet radio stations through TuneIn, and the music stored on your smartphone, tablet or computer McDVOICE

Highlighted
PatrickBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hello Vicky W.

Thank you for your reply.

I would much appreciate it if you were to raise a feature request with Bose for this. You might also wish to point out to them that one of Bose's major competitors already provide Global Player as a music service.

Highlighted
PatrickBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hello etkelley,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the URL you posted was not to the station I am looking for.