Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

SoundTouch™ Portable Series II Wi-Fi® disappeared sound

After updating via WiFi, the sound disappeared (via AUX as well), and operation on battery also became impossible. However, the device responds to pressing control buttons, connects to WiFi and generally behaves as if it plays music 😂. Reset to factory settings made, but did not give the desired result.
I did manual update as well successfully but sound still absent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch™ Portable Series II Wi-Fi® disappeared sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by Salykin75

We're very sorry to hear this!

At this point, I would suggest that you reach out to your local product support team via the information Kieth has provided above. An agent here will be able to look into this further with you and get you enjoying your speaker once more. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi Salykin75,

Thanks for posting and joining the community!

It sounds like you've been doing a lot of great troubleshooting for this already, checking other sources, manually updating, and factory resetting are all really good steps to try to resolve this.

As you mentioned doing a factory reset, have you also done a standard reset? To do this what you would want to do is press and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank.

If this does not do the trick, then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps, let me know!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Thanks for your soon reply, 

Yes I did normal reset at the beginning of troubleshooting process 🧐

One question more : is it possible that there is no sound because Of battery failure? On the troubleshooting guide mentioned that if battery is less 10% it will be no sound.  
Just now I pressed power button more than 2 sec to check battery status and it shows about 80 % with charging indication. However, if I disconnect AC power - speaker completely switched off. 😩

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Salykin75

We're very sorry to hear this!

At this point, I would suggest that you reach out to your local product support team via the information Kieth has provided above. An agent here will be able to look into this further with you and get you enjoying your speaker once more. 

View solution in original post