DeyFineLazzy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier not Displaying Airplay on the SoundTouch App

Bose product name: SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier

Firmware Version: 26.0.1

App Version: 26.0.5

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: iPhone XR and iPhone 8 Plus on iOS14

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: I can't see the Airplay symbol on my SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier from the SoundTouch App. I also cannot see my SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier amongst the airplay enabled devices from my iPhones while playing a song

Any troubleshooting steps you took: I performed a hard reset and the issue still persisted. I also tried to update it manually and the airplay still isn't showing

Please help

Notice the Airplay symbol is missing on the SA-5Notice the Airplay symbol is missing on the SA-5

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Re: SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier not Displaying Airplay on the SoundTouch App

Hello DayFineLazzy, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

I am sorry that Airplay is not working for you on your SA-5 and I would love to help you get this resolved. The steps here would be a great place to start. This page lists all compatible devices and some of the troubleshooting available, let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DeyFineLazzy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

Hello Vicky_W,

Thank you for the link. I have performed all the steps there and yet, the Airplay didn't work on my SA-5.

I can't even see the Airplay Symbol on my SoundTouch App.

Please, kindly assist me with a Solution.

Thank You

Jessie_O

Thanks for giving these steps a try! 

Can you tell us if you have been able to successfully connect via Airplay 2? This will help us to determine the next steps for you. 

I look forward to your response. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
DeyFineLazzy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

I have tried to connect but have been unsuccessful. I even tried using the most recent iPhone; the 12 pro max but still can't connect via airplay.

Even on the SoundTouch app, i cannot see the Airplay Symbol.

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming! 

At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team. They will be able to assist with this issue. You can contact them by clicking the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can for you!

DeyFineLazzy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2021

Okay i will Call the Nigerian Reps.

I will drop feedback on the progress.

Thank you