SoundTouch Smart Home Services

Friendly Fanatic

SoundTouch Smart Home Services

Hello, I was wondering if you could verify that the information I have created below is correct? I have gathered this information from previous posts about smart home updates and from some general firmware updates. I even went to some country specific pages to fill in some gaps. Though it appears that a couple like the Indian pages are out of date and should be fixed. 

Could you also let me know if I missed any countries that should be added to this list2019-07-19 Bose Streaming Music Services.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
Friendly Fanatic

Re: SoundTouch Smart Home Services

Hello? @Anne_S@Andy_B@Keith_L@Jason_G@Jessie_O@Liam_W@Zoe_C@Jeff_G, @Charlotte_G, @Hector_B, etc I believe you missed my message. Can you give me some feedback on this? Is it accurate? What other countries have unique services? What is the general music services for each region aside from whats mentioned.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi NeonsNight,

Sorry for the late reply! We will be happy to have a look at that awesome document you put together. It will however take us a little while as we need to cross check with our information which is presented in a different way, so I will kindly ask for your patience!

Thanks for your understanding and great contribution on the Community!

Anne - Bose Technical Support

Community Manager

Hi NeonsNight,

Thank you for your patience! We did our best to go over the information contained in your awesome table. To the best of our knowledge, it seems that it is very accurate. However, we did notice a couple of things:

Denmark: Home Speaker has Spotify Alexa and Radioplayer is available on SoundTouch.

Australia: Home Speaker - Pandora via Alexa
Canada: Home Speaker -  Tunein via Google

US: Spotify (premium) is available in Google and Alexa

Spotify Premium is available via Google Assistant anywhere Google assistant is.

We believe this information to be accurate but please bear in mind that service availability may change any day. Some services may become available in new regions and/or existing services might be amended. Also, although we tried to confirm all the information contained in your table, we might have missed something, in which case please accept our apology!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions!

I am sure that the Community users will find your table very useful. Thanks again!

Anne

Quiet Contributor

Actually, Amazon Music (Prime and Unlimited) is not available in Canada on SoundTouch.

Hi Radermaker, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

Amazon Music Should be available for you in Canada, please ensure that both speaker and app are running the latest software for the most up to date information. 

I hope this helps and please do reach back out to us if you encounter any issues.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Friendly Fanatic

@Anne_S wrote:

Hi NeonsNight,

Thank you for your patience! We did our best to go over the information contained in your awesome table. To the best of our knowledge, it seems that it is very accurate. However, we did notice a couple of things:

Denmark: Home Speaker has Spotify Alexa and Radioplayer is available on SoundTouch.

Australia: Home Speaker - Pandora via Alexa
Canada: Home Speaker -  Tunein via Google

US: Spotify (premium) is available in Google and Alexa

Spotify Premium is available via Google Assistant anywhere Google assistant is.

We believe this information to be accurate but please bear in mind that service availability may change any day. Some services may become available in new regions and/or existing services might be amended. Also, although we tried to confirm all the information contained in your table, we might have missed something, in which case please accept our apology!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions!

I am sure that the Community users will find your table very useful. Thanks again!

Anne

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you think it's "Awesome" 😃

I have some questions as I think you have some errors in your findings :

I am happy to send you the xlsx file I made to create this. This will allow you to update it when new services are added. I find it visually easier to understand and I believe it will be a big help to people here on the forum. It also looks like this might be a good asset for you to use internally, considering how long it took for you to find out what worked & where (and considering some of the information you found might not be correct). Bose is a global company after all and it's best to have the answers when and where needed 😉

Oh and is there a chance that the international Bose web pages can be updated? Nobody lists Radioplayer yet and unless I missed it, they do not list VPA or what services it can control 🤷‍♂️

Quiet Contributor

My speakers and my app are up-to-date.

E2AFAFB5-B923-47AD-B0CC-A3A826646997.png6402877E-6695-419A-AA16-FF9AAE43ECE9.png

Are you sure Amazon Music is available in Canada ?

Nothing about that on Bose.ca and no announcement on the forum.

Friendly Fanatic

@radermaker wrote:

My speakers and my app are up-to-date.

Are you sure Amazon Music is available in Canada ?

Nothing about that on Bose.ca and no announcement on the forum.

I am not in Canada, but Bose has announced in the past that it was avalible for Alexa voice assistant in Canada for both SoundTouch and Smart Home but I made an asumption that Amazon Music support was needed to have Alexa. Is that not the case?

Others on the forum even the admin @Brandon_M say that Amazon Music is not supported in Canada. What about Home Speaker? Is it suppoted on that platform in Canada?

Quiet Contributor

Just to be clear:

Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited are available in Canada.

They are supported by Alexa in Canada.

But, Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited are not supported by Soundtouch in Canada.

Too bad...