Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
500DAG
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

SoundTouch \ SoundTouch II adapter to Lifestyle 48

I have a 2008 Lifestyle 48 system, SA-2 and SA-3 amplifiers that I would like to connect using the SoundTouch or SoundTouch II adapters. Can this be done and if so what is the procedure for each product? 

Location USA

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: SoundTouch \ SoundTouch II adapter to Lifestyle 48

The ST adapters i/II won't work with any of those.  They were designed for multiroom over boselink, but the connections had a change to make them Soundtouch capable.

You could use the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter for the LIfestyle and SA-3, but the SA2 didn't allow for external sources.  The drawback to doing it this way is the systems still work pretty much as they did before, but add the SoundTouch source.  For example you can control the volume of the Soundtouch source, but that doesn't control the volume of the Lifestyle or the SA3.  So you still need the old remote controls

So you can, but it's awkward.  If they work wired now, I would keep it that way.

500DAG
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2021

Re: SoundTouch \ SoundTouch II adapter to Lifestyle 48

That is so odd... Bose Link is a standardized protocol for Bose systems to communicate. Why would they not make these items adaptable? This is part of the reason why Bose is getting left behind in the whole home audio game today. They can’t stay on track with anything and constantly change the products and they don’t integrate with each other along with such a complex setup. I am a longtime Bose customer and have been trying to look for ways to stay onboard but Bose App - SoundTouch App - Bose Link that does not communicate with Bose Link... I think I am on the hunt for a new Whole Home Audio system manufacture. They abandoned the Sound Touch product moved to the Bose App and they don’t have an amplifier to power existing speakers! What’s up with this... I feel like Bose is going after the younger generation using single speakers or small room setups, self powered and embedded with proprietary tech that has simple setup but does not support anything older or real whole home audio! It’s like a failed attempt at Sonos.