Sep 25, 2018

Re: SoundTouch Speaker Firmware Update - 25.0.0 - May 27th 2020

Why can we get free Spotify? You guys said we should

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

I have SoundTouch 30 updated to the latest version and so far I can't see Airplay option.

What am I missing? I got all the SoundTouch 30 together.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

SoundTouch 10

Just updated to 25.0.0

Now my speakers can't play anything at all.  I am getting the "Speaker is ready to play" screen, but nothing I do can cause them to play anything.  The SoundTouch indicator light would blink amber for a while, but no sound would come out.  I've tried Amazon music as well as TuneIn sources.  I have not tried Bluetooth yet.

I have reconnected my speakers successfully several times.  Anyone seeing the same issue?  Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks in advance...

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

About an hour after I posted about the clock problem, the time display returned on my Sound Touch 20. I have not encountered any other issues with this upgrade,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Update to 25.0.0 went well with ST10 speakers and the ST Link Adapter.

The SA-5 amp (which is wired to the network) had issues and I tried several times.  I unplugged the power and let it reboot and that allowed it to upgrade.

I still do not get the AirPlay icon on the app for the ST10 speakers  (do for the Link Adapter and the SA-5)

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

@RanB wrote:

I still do not get the AirPlay icon on the app for the ST10 speakers  (do for the Link Adapter and the SA-5)

Then your ST10s need a hardware upgrade which will be provided by Bose for free. Contact their support.

@Wayne_M 

You should make an announcement regarding the „missing hardware“ for some ST10s and ST20s and explain the thing with the range of the 4 serial number digits to identify affected speakers.

Your german colleagues did so in the german forum and it helped to clear up a lot of confusion and frustration 😉 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I am getting something similar, except certain streamed music was playing, and other streamed sources not.  I have posted elsewhere believing this was an partial Amazon Music issue.  But it also extended to TuneIn for some stations as well.  Now all Amazon Music isn't playing.

I get the same symptom... in that the white light just flashes and plays nothing.

For me, the track names loads, the timeline comes up with the marker at 0:00 and it's set to Play.  Just nothing plays, the time doesn't move to 0:01 and beyond, and after 15? seconds it skips to the next track and the process repeats.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Thank you - I will contact Bose.

I really do like the Sound Touch system - I just purchase a couple of more SA-5 amps.  I like the wired connection to the network.

I hope Bose continues with Sound Touch and support for it.     I know the Speakers are no longer sold but the Amp and Adapter are.  But says low inventory.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

I've re-included the Amazon Music administration; no karma. I can play other nearby and internet providers. Exact manifestations: I select the speaker, at that point Amazon Music track (or Station, or Playlist); the speaker begins blazing white on the SoundTouch drove; the application *slowly stacks the collection craftsmanship and the track term loads with the time at 0:00; at that point after maybe 15 seconds the following track consequently shows up and attempts to stack. adobe zii 2020 download

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

My SoundTouch 300 has stopped work after this update.  I get no lights, sound or anything.  I can see in the app when I make changes with the remote but nothing happens with the sound bar itself.  I have tried manually updating it via a computer with no luck, and it will not reset.  I only use this SoundTouch occasionally as it is in my movie room.  Does anyone have a fix for this?