Staimac
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

SoundTouch Speaker is connected to my network along with my Iphone and the app cant find speaker

I reset the speaker to the factory default and added the speaker to my home network by holding down 2 and - sign. I verified the ip addr and was able to ping the speaker plus it shows a solid bar. On my iPhone I start up the soundtouch app and it times out. 

need help

1 REPLY 1

Re: SoundTouch Speaker is connected to my network along with my Iphone and the app cant find speaker

Hello Staimac, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch product.

From what you have described, it sounds like your iPhone may not be connected to the same network as the speaker. iPhones have a thing called WiFi assist that essentially prioritises the fastest network (between your cellular data and home network speeds.) If your phone detects that the cellular data can provide faster performance, it will switch automatically. You can disable this feature by going into your phone's settings > Cellular Data (Mobile Data) > then scroll to the bottom of the page and toggle WiFi Assist to off. 

If you also have more than one SSID on your home network, e.g a 2.4Ghz band and a 5Ghz band network, please ensure the phone is connected to the same network as the speaker.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support