Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Volume Jumps to Maximum

Hi Charlotte,

I have reset everything as advised, created a new SoundTouch account with a different email, setup the speakers again and linked the new account to Spotify. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks.
Highlighted

Hi a.gilly, 

Thanks for posting we look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

I have been experiencing this frustration for several months now! (Volume with a mind of it’s own)  I have been patient with posting, attempting to try everything to fix it. Seems to have started following an update maybe?  I have ST30,20, and 10. I do not use Spotify. I Play music only from my library using the Bose app on my iPad. There is no consistent pattern to this volume going “psycho”!  I have read the posts and suggested fixes. I have completely removed the speakers and reset them to factory settings three times! I am paranoid now to use my ST system!  Afraid I’m gonna blow the speakers with no fault of mine!  Help please!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

I have a similar problem. It doesn't jump to max for me but sometimes when I'm playing music with speakers grouped and adjust the volume it doesn't stay where I leave it but continues in the direction I've adjusted it to. I've seen this on and off during my ownership (4+ years). However, as I've also experienced some connectivity problems where not all speakers are found or lost I thought it was related to that. As my system has started working more or less as intended, there are still the occasional lost speaker but most often it's solved by restarting the app, it would be good to see if it's possible to fix this issue. I have screen recording of the issue which I can share.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Was listening to a playlist, when logged in Spotify account, speaker volume went to maximum and I was not able to control it on my iPhone. had to restart sound touch app. Is this normal?

Highlighted

@Hammas, thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help. Please can you try the steps mentioned in this thread and let me know how you get on?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Thanks Vicky!  

There are several posts re this issue with volume... Mine was 1/5/2020. Two more as late as yesterday May 17. From garibayjorge And “paredfruit” 

I purchased my system in 2016. No problem whatsoever until 2019! Seems like it was just after an update? When I uninstall and start it again it’s okay for awhile then goes “psycho”. Very troublesome...  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

I have attempted to get a reply from Bose regarding erratic, unpredictable, volume spikes! The reset “fix” of the speakers is temporary. The problem persists... Can there not be a re-engineering of the app? There are several posts complaining of this! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Okay, I now think the volume spike to 100% actually might NOT be a Bose issue, or the SoundTouch, app. I think now it could be an iOS problem... only seems to happen when controlling from my iPad. Anybody have this experience or input?