Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - 24.0.8 - May 12th 2020

soundlink adapter.png

Starting on Tuesday, May 12th, the 24.0.8 firmware update will be rolled out for the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to support Airplay 2. This firmware release consists of only this new feature support and is only available for customers with the Wireless Link Adapter.

We do not have any additional information on AirPlay 2 availability for other products at this time.

Firmware Versions:

Features:

• Airplay2 Support on SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter.
    • The Wireless Link Adapter has an advanced configuration to sync audio in the SoundTouch App. Click on the gear icon and then 'Advanced Setup'.
      latency2.pnglatency3.png

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - 24.0.8 - May 12th 2020

YES! Already got it up and running 🥳

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Awesome,  already installed and working like a charm,   soundtouch wireless is now a complete solution to my home audio!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi, 

Got it , updated.. Airplay 2 working with Adapter now.. Thanks BOSE and Team.

I unable to group play all my sound touch speakers from soundtouch app while playing through Airplay2.. Do I need to  keep my Audio sysnc Settings to 70ms on all  soundtouch speakers (ST30 & Adapters ?)

thank you

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

A fantastic upgrade. Downloaded the software update from my Soundtouch App, it automatically updated the two wireless link adapters on my network. I now have the system I always wanted.

Thank you Bose, brilliant customer service! 

Please can anyone advise by ranking in order, which delivers the best audio quality when playing music from iPhone/ipad to wireless link adapters? Either:

1) Aux connection from iPhone to a wireless link adapter then streamed to other adapters

2) Airplay (wireless streaming)

or

3) Bluetooth 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

OMG, thank you so much BOSE. I had not expected that and this is a really nice surprise!

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@MrPeebly wrote:

A fantastic upgrade. Downloaded the software update from my Soundtouch App, it automatically updated the two wireless link adapters on my network. I now have the system I always wanted.

Thank you Bose, brilliant customer service! 

Please can anyone advise by ranking in order, which delivers the best audio quality when playing music from iPhone/ipad to wireless link adapters? Either:

1) Aux connection from iPhone to a wireless link adapter then streamed to other adapters

2) Airplay (wireless streaming)

or

3) Bluetooth 

Thank you. 

I am perplexed by your proposed setup. I always assumed the wireless link adaptor only plugged into other device input ports. Turning a powered speaker or receiver into a SoundTouch device.  Seems though you can also plug a device into the wireless adaptor. I am not sure what application you would use in the latter setup. 

As an aside: Best sound from a bandwith perspective: Optical, Airplay, 3.5/RCA.

At any rate, if you have wireless adaptors attached to your non SoundTouch speakers(out), simply use the app from your device, be it mobile or desktop, to broadcast using either SoundTouch or now apparently Airplay.  

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Suresh Kumar wrote:

Hi, 

Got it , updated.. Airplay 2 working with Adapter now.. Thanks BOSE and Team.

I unable to group play all my sound touch speakers from soundtouch app while playing through Airplay2.. Do I need to  keep my Audio sysnc Settings to 70ms on all  soundtouch speakers (ST30 & Adapters ?)

thank you

You actually access your speakers through the Airplay Control on your devices. Go to your Airplay enabled app, there are many, click on the Airplay menu your Airplay enabled devices will show up there. 

BTW: Are all your speakers Airplay enabled?

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Wayne_M wrote:

soundlink adapter.png

Starting on Tuesday, May 12th, the 24.0.8 firmware update will be rolled out for the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to support Airplay 2. This firmware release consists of only this new feature support and is only available for customers with the Wireless Link Adapter.

We do not have any additional information on AirPlay 2 availability for other products at this time.

Firmware Versions:

Features:

• Airplay2 Support on SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter.
    • The Wireless Link Adapter has an advanced configuration to sync audio in the SoundTouch App. Click on the gear icon and then 'Advanced Setup'....

Surprising news. With Airplay and SoundTouch capability, this makes the Wireless Link adaptor pretty much universal.  Great new Bose!

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

This string is duplicated and appears to have replaced another string about Firmware Update 24.08 which ran for weeks duplicated.