Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Hey @Silla, thanks for your question! We do not currently have any information regarding the implementation of AirPlay 2 to the SoundTouch Adapter II, which part of the SoundTouch 130. 

@RanB Welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry that you're unable to get AirPlay 2 working on your SoundTouch 10 speakers.  To confirm, you're able to select the ST 10's from AirPlay on your device but it does not play? Have you tried resetting the speakers? Simply remove the power for 30 seconds and reconnect. Let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Dear Moderator,

Thx for your swift reply

I’ve bought the Cinemate ST in a Bose flagship store with promise that Airplay 2 support would be implemented. Can you check if this feature is still in the pipeline for release?

My other Bose devices support AirPlay, only solution is to pay for 2 music services (Spotify and Apple Music). 

Your feedback is much appreciated,

Silla

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Hey Silla, 

I'm sorry but I do not have a list of new products that are getting AirPlay 2. However, keep an eye on this page here, as this will be updated as soon as new products are added. 

I hope this helps. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Dear Moderator,

Thx for your swift reply

I’ve bought the Cinemate ST in a Bose flagship store with promise that Airplay 2 support would be implemented. Can you check if this feature is still in the pipeline for release?

My other Bose devices support AirPlay, only solution is to pay for 2 music services (Spotify and Apple Music). 

Your feedback is much appreciated,

Silla

Does your ST adaptor have Bluetooth? If Airplay comes to that device, it will have to be the model with BlueTooth, according to the original announcement.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Yes the device has Bluetooth. 
Brgds,

Silla

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Yes the device has Bluetooth. 
Brgds,

Silla

Hopefully Bose will follow thru. They surprised me updating the Wireless Link Adaptor.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - 24.0.8 - May 12th 2020

I do not have Airplay icon on my Wireless Link Adapter page. How can it be fixed?

Highlighted

Hey Cem321,

Welcome to the forums! 

Can I please ask which app and firmware version you are running?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Dear sir,

Thank you for your prompt interest.

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware 24.0.8

ST 30/20/10 is 24.0.7 as 25.0.0 not released  in Turkey/İstanbul yet.

ST APP 25.0.4

I can see the AirPlay icon when I log ST APP from IPhone, but can not not when I log from PC and Android.

When I cast music from PC ITunes to ST Wireless Link Adapter, I can't add any of the group speakers with to ST Wireless Link Adapter with Airplay.

I can add group speakers to ST Wireless Link Adapter only if I am connected to ST Wireless Link Adapter with BT or AUX cable.

Kind regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

@Chalotte G  -  I reset the Sound Touch 10 speakers and still the Airplay icon doesn't show as an input source.  it does for the Link Adapter and the SA-5 amp.     

I can play both the Link Adapter and SA-5 amp locations from the same Apple Music source - but each has to be powered on, individually.   You open the Apple Music app on the iphone and when you push up the screen you see the selections of available SoundTouch devices and you need to check the box of the ones you want to play through.  But only the Link Adapter and the SA-5 show for selection and only these two have the AirPlay icon on the SoundTouch app.

Also the SoundTouch won't let you play the Apple Music sourced at say the Link Adapter and connect to the SoundTouch 10 - it gives you a message that the source has to allow broadcast.

I think the basic issue is that I need to see the AirPlay icon show for the SoundTouch 10 speakers (like it does for the other two).  Then it would like show in the Apple Music App.

BTW - the SoundTouch 10 and the SA-5 are at 24.0.7,  the Link Adapter is at 24.0.8.

Edit:   ST10, SA-5, and Link Adapter are now all at 25.0.0.

The ST App is 25.0.4