Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update

Where does the system report which version of Wireless Link Adapter Firmware you are using?

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update

@Bradley Haselton Hey, you can check this in the SoundTouch app by clicking the Settings toggle and then click About.

If you have any problems, let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update

Thank you Charlotte.

Sorry to have interrupted your thread Silla.

All the best

Brad

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Hello,

Any news on updating the firmware for Airplay?

Thx in advance for your update.

Brgds, Silla

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Hey @Silla,

AirPlay 2 was brought to the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter in the firmware v24.0.8, released back on 12 May. Have you pushed this update to your product yet? If not, be sure to open up the SoundTouch app and you should be prompted with the update.

To check your firmware version, open the SoundTouch app, go to Menu > Settings > About > STWLA > Firmware version.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Dear Sam,

My question is related to the cinemate device with wireless adapter. How can I update the device with the Airplay 2 update. Current version is 25.0.0.

In case the device is not yet Airplay enabled when can I expect an update. I've bought the device in a Bose flagship store with guarantee that Airplay would come soon.

Thx in advance for your swift reply,

Brgds, Silla

Highlighted

Hello Silla, 

Please see this link for Bose products that support Airplay 1 and Airplay 2. 

Your SoundTouch adapter is not the adapter mentioned in the post, so it is not compatible with Airplay 2 at this time. We have no information at this time on whether support will come to the adapter. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - 24.0.8 - May 12th 2020

Ooh this is good news! I'm relatively new to Bose products and wireless multi-room technologies in general... great to say that the link is being updated to support Air Play 2... @Wayne_M can you or others confirm if they latency needs tweaking each time you use the link as part of a grouped session via Airplay 2 or if once corrected it's sorted?

Cheers.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Dear Moderators,

Any update available on releasing the update for my Cinemate?

Brgds, Silla

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Dear Moderators,

Any update available on releasing the update for my Cinemate?

Brgds, Silla

There are three wireless adaptors:

SoundTouch Wireless adaptor series 1 (rectangle).

SoundTouch Wireless adaptor series 1 with BlueTooth (rectangle).

SoundTouch Wireless Link adaptor with BlueTooth(square).

Bose originally announced all SoundTouch devices with BlueTooth would be upgradeable to Airplay. There was a delay for the wireless Link adaptor but the device was eventually upgraded. 

I would be surprised is the SoundTouch Wireless Adaptor (rectangle) will get the airplay upgrade, but Bose has surprised before.