Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

I would be surprised is the SoundTouch Wireless Adaptor (rectangle) will get the airplay upgrade, but Bose has surprised before.

———

Hello,

Any specific rational why, the Cinemate will be excluded from the promised upgrade. 
Brgds,

Silla

Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter Firmware Update - also for Wireless adapter?

Hi Silla,

In an effort to support the majority of products while ensuring high-quality audio playback, we made a decision to launch Airplay 2 with products that have fixed audio latencies. The adapters for the Cinemates, and older Lifestyle systems have latencies that vary depending on connected accessories, which makes it hard to guarantee your audio will stream seamlessly and synchronized with all speakers in an Airplay2 group. 

I don't have any more information at this time on whether support will come to the adapter, but when we do have any information to share we will be sure to let the Community know.

I hope this helps clarify this for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Thank you,

For my understanding: Spotify streaming (Spotify connect) this latency is not applicable?

Brgds, Silla

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Silla wrote:

Thank you,

For my understanding: Spotify streaming (Spotify connect) this latency is not applicable?

Brgds, Silla

I too didn't see the latency issue with music. There is still hope this adaptor will be supported.