Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

SoundTouch and Smart Home apps

Bose product name

ST30, ST 10, ST130, Smart Home 300, Portable Speaker

Country

Canada

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Bose ST30, ST 10, ST130, Smart Home 300, Portable Speaker

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The SoundTouch speakers won't run on the smart Home App and vice -versa.

What environment do you experience the issue in? 

Around the House

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

A few years ago when the Smart home line was released.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

None indicated.

Dear Bose:

Please enable the Smart Home app to run the SoundTouch speakers. Bring some cohesiveness to the two speaker lines. This would be a great move and make many Bose customers happy and no doubt keep some customers from leaving the Bose product line all together.

Cheers!!

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Re: SoundTouch and Smart Home apps

Hello Rickatk, 

Thanks for posting! I hope that you are having a great weekend and appreciate the useful feedback as always. 

I completely understand the interest in this feature and agree that it would be great to see this compatibility, I'll be sure to raise this with the relevant teams for you today. 

If any other users would like to see this cross-compatibility feature added, please do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Thanks Hector.

This is an opportunity for all SoundTouch users to express your wishes. Please take a moment and request a combined app for both SoundTouch and Smart Home platforms. 

deepanker100
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

I am for one looking forward to have an integrated ecosystem between SoundTouch and SmartHome. It will surely propel me into adding more speakers to my lineup. 

KimF
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

Count me in

Piscator
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2015

Wholeheartedly agree with Rickatk this would be a fantastic idea. It makes a lot of sense to have app integration. 

Pops
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2015

I'm heavily invested in Soundtouch devices. Most of them have a connected Alexa Echo products so I can do multiroom music either with the Soundtouch app or with the Alexa connected Soundtouch devices.  The 2 are not compatible in the you can't mix and match - i.e. group an Alexa group with a Soundtouch group or vice versa. The Alexa app far superior in creating groups so I get good use out of it in that respect. 

Moving forward I'd love to buy some Alexa enabled Bose speakers but I'm hearing the Soundtouch app can't control those products (or vice versa) so I'm reluctant to go in that direction. 

Thanks