Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

SoundTouch app cannot connect speaker

When setting up a speaker and connecting to the WiFi signal generated by the speaker, when I return to the SoundTouch app, the button marked “continue” is greyed out and I cannot proceed, even though I am definitely connected to the Bose speaker WiFi network

tried from the app on 2 different devices and the same issue.

so the speaker (soundtouch 20) cannot be set up

any advice welcomed please

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch app cannot connect speaker

Hi SJF76,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues setting up your SoundTouch 20 speaker using the SoundTouch application and appreciate how frustrating that must be.

Have you attempted to go through the setup process using the alternative setup method? Instructions for doing this can be found on our website HERE if you have the SoundTouch 20 Series I or II, or HERE if you have the SoundTouch 20 Series III.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Today I am getting same thing trying to re-add a speaker.   I put speaker in set up mode...I can connect to it via wifi..then go back to soundtouch app and the continue button is greyed out and will not let me continue set up.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi CoMountains,

Welcome to the Community forums! I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues. As noted above, have you attempted going through the alternate setup method?

Kindest,

Andy B

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

I have this problem as well, and have tried the 'alternate set up' procedure, the Soundtouch App still cant see the speaker and keeps saying try again. TBH the App is a useless GUI imho! You can not bypass the setup page to access any other menus.

Highlighted

Hi SpyBoy, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Ok so I plugged the mini usb into the PC and D/L the update as a 'Update .stu' file and followed the installation process. The bar on the speaker indicated the progress of the installation and turned solid with '100% Installation complete' message. That didnt go away, and the process to reinstall the speaker kept being rejected as the Soundtouch app couldnt see the speaker! I was unable to reset the speaker with the number pad minus combination, so I disconnected it from the power source. On reconnection it now wont turn on. Today I have spent about 3 hours on this problem and am so so not happy. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Further to the problems:

Following the update installation and problems described above I deleted the speaker and the app from my PC, iPad and 2 iPhones.

Reinstalled to PC first and it worked. Then reloaded the app onto the iOS devices, and now it works..Go figure.

I still think the App could be more user friendly. 

Any way pleased it works and hope all you who are having this problem, including some of my relations, find this thread useful!

Highlighted

Hi Spyboy, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this.

We appreciate the feedback and I am glad to hear that this issue is now resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 1, 2019

I’m having the same problem and tried factory reset and app download on several occasions.

must say fed up with bose, sonos much more user friendly