Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

SoundTouch app on my MacBook Pro no longer working

I had the SoundTouch system on my MacBook Pro for about 1 year when it started to interrupt opening with "Upgrade Needed" however the download and upgrade would not complete and I had to deal with this EVERY time I tried to open SoundTouch.  When I called support I was told I could un-install SoundTouch and then re-install it thereby giving me the latest version.  Well, I finally got around to un-installing it and today I cannot find it any longer to re-install.  Now I have NOTHING.  Should have kept the problem child.  The App store only has a SoundTouch app for iphones and tablets.  Reading through some chats I saw someone say; go to the Bose web site and download it there.  I have just spent and hour on that sight and found nothing.  Where is the SoundTouch for MacBook app????

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch app on my MacBook Pro no longer working

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear of your difficulties finding the SoundTouch app download, but I'll be more than happy to assist.

To download the latest version of the SoundTouch app for your Macbook Pro, simply visit the link HERE. You'll be taken through to the downloads page with the option to select the required download.

If you have any issues installing this program, please let me know!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately I was already on the page you gave me the link to.  When I hit the "Download" button I got 

SoundTouch-app-installer-23.0.0-2847-a445a28.dmg in my Downloads storage. When I clicked on that, a window opened with SoundTouch-osx-installer.app under a logo of a tan open box with a green arrow on it.  When I clicked on the 
SoundTouch-osx-installer.app logo I got a window to open with the following:  

“SoundTouch-osx-installer.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

This item is on the disk image “SoundTouch-app-installer-23.0.0-2847-a445a28.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 4:26 PM from downloads.bose.com.

I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.3  

Got another idea?

Craig
Highlighted

Hey Craig,

Thank you for letting me know you've tried that link already. It seems that you're likely encountering the Catalina security features that are stopping you from running the download. However, we can get around this!

What I'll need you to try is the following:

• On your MacBook, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy General tab. Under Allow apps downloaded from, select App Store and identified developers. If the Bose app is shown in this section with an Open Anyway button, click the button

Usually, after enabling this setting, the download should process and you should be allowed to install the SoundTouch application. Let me know how things go for you!

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

I had the sound touch App on my older Mac, why will you not let me download the app from the Bose website UPSers.

Highlighted

Hi Porte3r, 

The SoundTouch app can be downloaded from this page.

Jeff 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

"What I'll need you to try is the following:

On your MacBook, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab. Under Allow apps downloaded from, select App Store and identified developers. If the Bose app is shown in this section with an Open Anyway button, click the button

Usually, after enabling this setting, the download should process and you should be allowed to install the SoundTouch application. Let me know how things go for you!"

BTW, This is the fourth reply I have tried to make on the above solution you sent me.

Thanks but what if the Bose app is NOT shown in this section?  You offered no "then".  When I did what you said, there was no list of apps on my screen.  The selection, "App store and identified developers" was checked, but nothing else was on that page.

Craig

Highlighted

Hi CraigF302271909,

I do apologize if the previous instructions were not quite clear enough.

Once you have enabled the App Store and identified developers option, you would then want to ctrl-click or right-click on the SoundTouch installer file and select openApp Store and identified developers. At that point, it will give you the option to open the file, as shown below.

catalina2.png

Once you open it there, the install will run for you and you will be back up and running.