Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

SoundTouch app upgrade

I don't know about the rest of the community but i strongly believe its high time the soundtouch app received an upgrade;

1. Interface ( a modern and vibrant interface) its too flat.
  2. Make it a music player on its own (with additional options etc)
  3. Have option for a 5 to 10 equalizer setting. With presets and option to add owns presets. 
  4. add Crossfade on track change/crossfade length/gapless
  5. E.T.C
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Re: SoundTouch app upgrade

This is something I fully agree with, but as I know BOSE already, they are likely to answer something like „This is a great idea, we will pass this along to our development team for consideration“ - effectively meaning, it is not going to happen. 

SoundTouch is being phased out. We’ll get bugfixes, but I guess eventually it will get out of support like what sonos did. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Re: SoundTouch app upgrade

Its a shame how these companies just move on to new technologies(looking for new customers and profiting their revenues) and forget where they are coming from (us their old customers). Even if a particular technology is discontinued, let then leave it in the best position possible so it can happily and successfully meet the needs of those who use it. Alternatively allow older technologies to be used or connected to newer. I believe this would an upgrade of some sort where all bose equipment is used but offering different options as per the equipment being used. I am looking at a unified system that identifies the type of equipment you have and provides the best options possible. 

Thank you for your comments