cg
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: SoundTouch on different subnet

It is a complete fallacy to write this off as only affecting enterprise customers especially nowadays.

Add me too to the number of home environments, where it is of paramount importance to keep these types of devices (IoT) separate from our more private networks via a VLAN.

There are a lot of prosumer home environments out in the wild - please engage in your marketing department that has technical knowhow.

This is the *only* device that doesn't play nice out of my 85+ client devices on my network.

This needs to be addressed.

Sandman500
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2021

Dear Bose,

This topic has been active for 2 years...so far I haven't seen any reaction that points to a possible solution for this. And there are more messages here from people with the same issue.

As stated by many others here, having a Home network with more that 1 VLAN (subnet) is normal. So, supporting connections from other subnets to the SoundTouch speaker as I have in my home network, should also be nothing special. Tried to make it work for hours, until I read here that it was pretty useless.

My SoundTouch is connected to subnet 192.168.3.0/24 (IoT vlan), my other devices (smartphone, laptop, etc) on 192.168.2.0/24 (main vlan).

I'd like to request a new feature in the firmware of SoundTouch that allows my SoundTouch App, Airplay2, Chromecast, etc. to connect from another subnet to the SoundTouch speaker. All other vendors do it....hope Bose does as well...(eventually).

Mitka
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2017

I've been catching my skin trying to figure out what I was doing wrong only to stumble upon this thread. I wasted so much time. 

First, they don't support 802.1x and now this...

Ben4988
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Just to keep this thread alive, this is a crazy topic and I too have this problem. It pisses me off every time I come here hoping one day a new bose firmware will be released to allow this , but no.

like others said, the only device of over 100 on my home network that causes security issues … this doesn’t pass the wife acceptance so I have to allow this piece of crap on my main vlan. 

Dangerous , and next time around no bose 

admin009
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2021

Same issue here, have two subnets and only able to manage the soundtouch from devices on the same subnet as the soundtouch. I am a home user and I can assure you won't be buying any more bose products in my lifetime. The same way I stopped being a Sony (rootkit fiasco) / Apple (absurd software / poor price per performance) and now Bose for their absurd half-baked / non-standard following engineering.

IMRJS
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2021

I have this working on my UDMP using:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.1.2.100 -d 10.1.5.100 -j MASQUERADE

(mobile VLAN(2)/100 is my iPhone)

(IoT) VLAN(5)/100 is my Bose SoundTouch 10 speaker

To make it persistant, i am using UDM Pro Boot Scrip. For firewall rule I made a LAN IN rule. You need to do this for each speaker! You could also use 10.1.2.0/24 to cover the entire VLAN but I had no need.

Allow iPhones to Boese Gazebo - TCP

Accept

TCP

Souce: Group: Our iPhones (all iPhone IP's)

Destination: 10.1.5.100

I tried making a TCP group with the following ports: 80,443,3689,8080-8085,8090,8200,17008 however it still wouldn't work so I just did all TCP. Maybe someone can help me with the ports?

Thanks,

R