Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Re: SoundTouch on different subnet

I have the same issue. This is required and it would be a simple option in the app to allow this feature to be turned off.

it is so common now for home users to have vlans and iot subnets, this must be fixed.

i like my Bose gear but this is a deal breaker.

We have Unifi gear and using mdns and snat rule works no problem, but I just upgraded to the dream machine so don’t have that option right now. Putting the SoundTouch on the main vlan is not going to happen so a bit stuck. 

bose, please give this option or at least open the rule to all private address space as suggested above

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

This standard functionality will also be required here in 2020! With a fully configured smarthome and running HomeAssistant, BOSE is the only provider where this is not possible. I have registered in the forum to make it clear to Bose that there is not only one person who uses this setup.

So please BOSE, put a jag here and please provide appropriate updates. On the other hand you force me to switch to the competition...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Good Day @Hector_B 

The topic is still current and is becoming more and more topical. Internet of Things is no longer a buzzword. Please check here again with the developers!

Please change it as recommended in the first post and allow incoming connections from all private address spaces:

10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12

192.168.0.0/16

fd80::/8

This should be a small thing and be released within a sprint.

BR

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

@zhennTil 

Quote:  I'm running a Ubiquiti EdgeMAX router, with an mDNS repeater and a SNAT rule masquerading traffic bound for the Soundbar's IP.

Can you give us a copy/example of your SNAT rule and/or firewall settings to allow this to work?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

@texasdoc wrote:

Can you give us a copy/example of your SNAT rule and/or firewall settings to allow this to work?

Of course -- so, assuming your soundbar is on eth2.40 and eth1 has the devices you want to access it from, and that NAT rule 5011 does not already exist:

set service mdns repeater interface eth1
set service mdns repeater interface eth2.40

set service nat rule 5011 description 'masquerade for silly IoT devices'
set service nat rule 5011 destination group address-group IOT_NAT_ADDRESSES
set service nat rule 5011 log disable
set service nat rule 5011 outbound-interface eth2.40
set service nat rule 5011 protocol all
set service nat rule 5011 type masquerade

IOT_NAT_ADDRESSES would contain your soundbar's IP. You can add however many interfaces you need to the mDNS repeater.

Since my last post I've sadly discovered an issue with this setup... while it allows the app to work, as well as stuff like Spotify casting, I have not been able to get AirPlay working... 🙁

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Hi Hector_B,

i am running my Bose Soundbar 700 and my Bose Home Speaker 500 in a private network with network segmentation as well. In 2020 it‘s not uncommon to split the home network into separate VLANs. Please help us! Otherwise the 200€ for my Draytek and the 1200€ for my Bose products would be wasted money. Yes, it might be true that the majority of your customers don‘t split their home network into seperate VLANs, but there are still a dozen customers left, which appreciate network security. 

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Greetings from Germany and please excuse my poor English writing skills. 

Flo