Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Dear Bose Support,

With the most recent MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 update at the end of May 2020, the first time I relaunched my SoundTouch app on my iMac, the 'Heads-Up' notice showed up reminded me there was a latest version of SoundTouch app.

However, after downloading the installer (SoundTouch-app-installer-25.0.4-3095-b09ae53.dmg), the installation was not able to proceed. The following error message appeared:

"SoundTouch-osx-intaller" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

The same issue appeared with the initial MacOS Catalina 10.15 update back in the winter of 2019. However, the prescribed resolutions then do not work this time around with the update of MacOS 10.15.5.

The SoundTouch app (version 13.0.0-2847+a445a28) does still work with the latest MacOS Catalina with the update reminder periodically pops up.

Please advise.

AS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Author Accepted Answer selected by artist.sf

Hi All!

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

The link @mnt has shared above has all the instructions you will need to be able to install the SoundTouch app on your Catalina systems. As noted in the post liked, it is to do with a change in security settings by apple with the move to Catalina but you will still be able to install the app.

For those of you who have the update remainder popping up, you will need to install the latest version of the app by downloading and running the installer from our website HERE. When downloading from this link, make sure the file you install is this latest version and not an older one you may have downloaded previously. Just follow the instructions in @mnt's link to make sure your Mac allows you to install it!

I hope this helps! Let me know how you all get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Re: 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Hi Artist.sf - I have the same problem which I posted under Desktop Application.

It's good to know I'm not alone with this, just hope someone can fins a fix.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Same issue.  😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

I was able to get it installed with the instructions on this link.  However, it still gives me the App Update is required and makes me go to the site to download.  I was able to still play music and just close the reminder, but now it won't do anything but give me the update app option.   I think when I did the update on my phone it updated the soundTouch itself.  So while I got past the Apple malicious software error... it still doesn't work.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/MacOS-10-15-Catalina/m-p/243506

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by artist.sf

Hi All!

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

The link @mnt has shared above has all the instructions you will need to be able to install the SoundTouch app on your Catalina systems. As noted in the post liked, it is to do with a change in security settings by apple with the move to Catalina but you will still be able to install the app.

For those of you who have the update remainder popping up, you will need to install the latest version of the app by downloading and running the installer from our website HERE. When downloading from this link, make sure the file you install is this latest version and not an older one you may have downloaded previously. Just follow the instructions in @mnt's link to make sure your Mac allows you to install it!

I hope this helps! Let me know how you all get on!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

I've downloaded the update 2-3 times now and when I run the update I get hte message: "

“SoundTouch-osx-installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

I can't get the software to go any further and it advises me to contact the software provider.

Anyone know the solution?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

I'm having the same problem. I'm interested to see what you find out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Hi Keith, I tried running the installer from the 'HERE' link you provided, but received the same message - 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Any other options ?

FM

Highlighted

Hi all,

If you're running into some issues installing the latest version of the SoundTouch app, you may have to bypass some Apple security settings. On your Macbook/iMac, go to Privacy & Security settings > General Tab > Go to the bottom of the window > Allow installation.

Let me know if that helps you out! If not, I'll be happy to continue assisting.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your information.

I accessed Security & Privacy > General and saw "Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and identified developers" already selected at the bottom of the window, not "allow installation".

Any more ideas ?

FM