Highlighted

Re: 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Thank you for letting us know! 

I'm so sorry that the troubleshooting advised has let to resolve your issue. I would recommend that you completely uninstall the application and then reinstall it. Hopefully, this will help to resolve any issues with the application. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Problem installing soundtouch app on Mac Air

Tried to update SoundTouch app and kept going around in a loop....saw a post where the suggestion was to re-install. I did this but now won't install...get a message that says:

"SoundTouch-osx-installer" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I can't get any further. The OS I am using is macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Can anyone tell me how I can get this to install please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: 'SoundTouch-osx-installer' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

I deleted the application as the 'uninstall' didn't work. The version that was suggested in the help article which I download won't install. I refer you to my original post which has the error message that comes up. There is nothing I can do to get around this?!? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Hi Sam_F

Thank you for your help, I have managed to install the app with your suggestion - much appreciated!