phthomas71
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2017

SoundTouch speakers stopped working at once

I use the SoundTouch app with a variety of SoundTouch speakers listed below. All at once — without any changes to my cable modem, wireless router or other equipment — NINE speakers will not play form the app.

This app reports “Searching for Speaker” for SIX. It says “[Speaker is] Ready to Play” (varies between ST10 and ST20) for THREE. For the three that are supposedly ready to play, the app returns an error message when it tries to connect to a music service, specifically, “HMM ... We can’t access your music service account right now. Try entering your username and password again. (1309)” or “HMM ... That didn’t work. Please try again. (1046)”

The most problematic error affects my SoundTouch 300 soundbar, which now acts like a dumb speaker. The soundbar itself works with my TV because I have it connected with an optical digital cable; it’s acoustimass and wireless rear speakers, however, will not connect wirelessly to the soundbar. The WiFi and SoundTouch LEDs alternate flashing amber lights, and the remote will neither put it in setup mode nor successfully reset the unit to Factory Settings. Connecting a USB cable using my laptop will not allow me to update the soundbar’s settings either.

Has/Is anyone else experienced(ing) similar problems with their SoundTouch setups? 

I’m trying to keep good humor, but it’s difficult when nearly $3,000 in “premium” sound equipment suddenly stops working overnight. Considering it’s NINE products comprising 12 pieces, including the Acoustimass and two rear speakers for the ST300, it has to be software related.

Any suggestions you may have is greatly appreciated.

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
AK75
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

9 SoundTouch speakers stopped working at once

Hi, 

It seems some of us were affected with crashing, rebooting, resetting issues those last few days (see last posts in general thread about "Soundtouch Firmware Update - 24-0-7"). Here's what worked for me, as posted there few minutes ago :

As Beyboy & Eyahlin I have multiple SoundTouch speakers. All were working flawlessly after the update till Friday. For a not known reason, at least one of them was crashing, disconnecting and rebooting again and again. Then, after resetting the ones having issues, it was impossible to add and configure all of them in my account. 

Finally I fixed the issue by creating a new account and was able to set them all. It’s working again since then (old account was corrupted maybe). People having crashing / rebooting problem should try if creating a new account will work for them as well.

Hope it will work for you. 

Best regards

billmartin4221
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Thanks, AK75. I've had the same issue and tried everything. I hope your fix works. When you created the new account were you able to use your same email address? If you could provide a little detail on the steps you took I would appreciate it.

AK75
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

After log out you can create a new account with a new mailbox. Once it was done I’ve just added the speakers one by one choosing the “already connected on the network”, except the ones who were rebooting again and again as they needed to be configured on the network first (as new speakers). 

billmartin4221
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Re: 9 SoundTouch speakers stopped working at once

Thanks, AK75. Creating a new account got my speakers working again. Bose really needs to step up their game with updates.

jtho
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: SoundTouch speakers stopped working at once

Yep - inexplicable behaviour all of a sudden - exactly as you report - endless "searching for speaker" rounds - no changes of any kind to network, all isolated network tests are fine.   All kinds of restarts, power-cycles, etc. do not fix.   I have four different ways of connecting, and every one stopped working at the same time.

Lzlzlz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

This EXACT same thing happened to us literally a month ago! So around the same time. I have spent no less than 12 hours on the phone with google and Bose and gone through every single piece of troubleshooting possible! I’ve asked over and over - was there an update - how could this literally happen overnight - has there. Even an influx of calls with this same issue? Finally had to leave it for a month because the issue was consuming so much of my time. I’m going to try the new account tomorrow ... glad to stumble upon this thread. 

Daalbe
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

THANK YOU!

My entire system stopped 2 months ago, have spent over 20 hours troubleshooting, factory reset, reload programs and even got an new router 

and then found this tread and fixed the entire system by simply creating a new account...fixed the system in 20 minutes

appears the latest update caused a bug in old accounts, simply create a new account and issue solved.

TheGamblor
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2021

I just woke up to this today - I've been using them almost daily to this point. I've deeply regretted owning my soundtouch system for the last 3 years. Soooooo many hours lost to spotty behaviour. They should have given up on this product years ago. They are going in the next kijiji round of clutter clearing.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@phthomas71 

Try logging out of your SoundTouch account then log back in. Reboot your router then log back into your SoundTouch account. This should bring back your speakers in most cases.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.