Highlighted
tgovinda1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700

I have Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar, I am planning to add a woofer to it. I am thinking of Base Module 700. Can anyone suggest if sound bar 300 is compactible with base module 700? Anyone had faced any issues with connection? Any suggestions / hits are appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by tgovinda1

Hello tgovinda1,

Thank you for your first post. I would like to welcome you to the Bose Community. 

I can confirm that the Bass Module 700 is certainly compatible with the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. 

There are a couple of ways that you can connect the Soundbar to the Bass Module.

Wirelessly:

1. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  2. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white. Once paired, the bass module will emit a tone and the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white.

Hard-wired:

1. Connect one end of the interconnect cable (3.5mm stereo cable) to the Bass In on the back of the Bass Module 700.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the Acoustimass connector on the back of the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

5 REPLIES 5

Author Accepted Answer selected by tgovinda1

Hello tgovinda1,

Thank you for your first post. I would like to welcome you to the Bose Community. 

I can confirm that the Bass Module 700 is certainly compatible with the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. 

There are a couple of ways that you can connect the Soundbar to the Bass Module.

Wirelessly:

1. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  2. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white. Once paired, the bass module will emit a tone and the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white.

Hard-wired:

1. Connect one end of the interconnect cable (3.5mm stereo cable) to the Bass In on the back of the Bass Module 700.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the Acoustimass connector on the back of the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

tgovinda1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Thanks Charlotte for the quick response, that really helps.

One more question, any idea what's new in Base module 700 compared to previous version of acoustimass 300. 

Hello tgovinda1,

You're more than welcome.

In terms of hardware and sound quality, there is no difference at all. The Bass Module 700 is essentially a rebrand of the Acoustimass 300 and runs a different firmware, in line with the Soundbar 700 and 500 which is more likely to be compatible with future products. 

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to assist. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Slimslam
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hi Team,

thanks for the swift information shared, will like to ask a question in connect to that.

•  Is soundbar 700 compatible with bass model 300 ?
  • Can i use the remote of soundbar 700 for soundbar 300?

thanks in advance for the swift revert.

Regards,

slim

Hello Slim,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

To address your questions:

1. Yes, the Soundbar 700 is compatible with the Acoustimass 300.

2. The Universal Remote controls are different for the Soundbar 700 and the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. They are not cross-compatible as the run on different software. 

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G