Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Soundbar 300 drops wifi connectivity almost daily

I purchased a soundtouch 300 about a year ago.  For the first 6 months it worked great.  Then there was an update...For the last 6 months using 3 different routers and 2 different ISP's the soundbar disconnects from the WIFI almost every day now.  It will start quickly flashing alternating amber lights.  It basically becomes unresponsive to any remote control buttons.  The only way to make it reset is to unplug the power for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  Once i have done that then 2 amber lights start flashing in unison.  At this point i can do the soundtouch button and #9 to try and reset everything.  It works about 10% of the time.  If i take too long (about 2 minutes) it then goes back to the alternating flashing lights and is worthless unless it is hardwired to my tv or something.  If i happen to get everything setup within the 2 minutes it works great... for about a day or two.  Then i will come home and the lights will be alternating and flashing again.  Rinse repeat...

I have always been a Bose lover but this is just infuriating.  To spend almost $1400 on a speaker and sub to have it basically worthless after 6 months is pathetic.

HELP.

I have scoured the internet to find solutions to no avail.  Its always the same drill.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 300 drops wifi connectivity almost daily

Hi Apro599, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience, however I would love to assist further. 

Firstly, can you please update me on which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? Also can you please inform me if you have any internet boosters, repeaters or extenders? 

I look forward to your response, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hi Hector,

I have tried unplugging for 1-2 minutes then followed steps to factory reset the speaker.  I have done the soundtouch button then hold 9 until you get white lights.  As i mentioned occasionally it works but it never lasts.  I do not and have never had any signal boosters.  The router is currently sitting about 10 feet away from the speaker itself.  The only space between them is a hallway and a doorway.  So no interference issues possible.

Highlighted

Hi Apro599, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

What device are you connecting to the speakers with? If you are using an iPhone please ensure that you have Wi-Fi assist disabled inside Mobile Data settings. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Originally a Samsung S7 phone, now a Samsung S9

Highlighted

Hi Apro599, 

Thanks for posting and providing me with this information. 

I would recommend adjusting your router settings to the following: 

1. UPnP: Enable
  2. Multicast: Enable
  3. IGMP: Enable
  4. Wireless Isolation: Disable
  5. IGMP Proxy: Disable
  6. Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode: Mixed or B/G/N
  7. Stealth mode: Disable
  8. MAC Filtering/Access Control: Disable, or add the Bose system MAC address to the allowed devices list
  9. WPS: Disable

If you need assistance with doing this, please do reach out to our team via this link.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2019

I will try tonight.  Thanks.  Assuming i make these changes to the router, best method to get the soundbar back to normal function?  Unplug for a while and plug back in?

Highlighted

Hi Apro599, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Once you have done these settings I would recommend a standard product reset, this can be performed via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

If the issue still persists please do reach back out to us. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2017

Good morning all,

Same problem here, and it's going on for at least a year now. My ST300 is about 50% of the time connected to my wifi, the other half of the time the wifi light is blinking white. I have a strong wifi signal all over the house (3 Netgear access points), the ST300 is sitting 3 feet from the closest one (in a cupboard. Cannot move it further away.) All devices using wifi work fine. I also have an ST20 and two ST10's. All work fine. 

I am not a bushman as far as electronics are concerned, but do you really have to an engineer in order to handle a Bose system? I went to the electronics store, bought the most expensive set they had, then I want to come home and switch it on and I want it to work. Without having to change channels and all sorts of settings I never heard of, and I don't have a clue what other consequences that will have. Is that asking too much?

The sound quality of the ST300 is out of this world, but the software s***.

Jo

Highlighted

Hello kwikfly,

Thank you for your message, I am very sorry to hear that you are having this connection issue with your SoundTouch 300.

I understand that this is a very frustrating situation, but I would love to assist you with this issue and get your system back up and running. 

May I ask if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that have previously been advised within this thread?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M