imp_eight
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Soundbar 300 no lights

My SoundTouch was working last night and now today no lights will turn on the soundbar. 

Is is there anything that can be done or does this need a repair? 

I have read of similar problems on this site and I really would have expect a lot more from a Bose product. If this needs a repair this soon into ownership this will for sure be the last Bose product I buy. I pay for the superior product and I expect it to be superior, not damaged and unusable. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Soundbar 300 no lights

Hello imp_eight

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Soundbar 300 and I would love to assist you. 

To start with I would suggest that you reset your soundbar by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Should you still not be able to power on the system after trying the above, please can you try controlling other devices with the remote. If you try controlling another device (i.e. TV or cable box) with the remote and it works, we can rule out this being the issue. After that, please can you try a different plug socket to look to further isolate the issue. 

Please can you let me know if either of these steps prove successful, if not we can look to find an alternative method to resolve this issue for you. 

I thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W - Community Support 

imp_eight
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I have tried everything you suggested below and I still have no lights coming on the soundbar.

Would this have anything to do with the updated I installed? Ever since I installed the Bose update my soundbar has not turned on.

Thanks

Dave

imp_eight
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hi Vicky,

I have tried everything you suggested below and I still have no lights coming on the soundbar.

Would this have anything to do with the updated I installed? Ever since I installed the Bose update my soundbar has not turned on.

Thanks

Dave

Hello imp_eight,

Thank you for updating us regarding this. 

Can you please confirm for us what update this was? 

Do you have any other speakers grouped with your SoundTouch 300, such as surround speakers or a bass module?

Can you also test to ensure your connections are secure to your TV. If possible I would also recommend connecting to a different power outlet to test whether it is the power source providing issue. 

Please let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

imp_eight
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hello,

I am not sure what update it was because I cannot connect to my speaker at all. It was the most recent software update that Bose sent out for the Soundbar.

I do not have any other speaker connected. It is just the Soundbar. I have checked all connections and tried different outlets. I am not able to receive any information or response from the Soundbar since I ran the update.

Hi imp_eight,

Thanks for confirming this. 

As you have performed all the troubleshooting in which we would recommend, at this stage please get in touch with your regions Bose product support team for further assistance regarding this. Please follow this link , select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be able to assist you with this matter further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M