Highlighted

Re: Soundbar 300, no sound

Hi Crisstian, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We appreciate you sharing this with the community and hope that this will be useful for other users! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I have a Sony XBR-65X850D. Not only am I getting no sound from my Soundtouch 300 it is also causing my TV to turn off every 18 minutes! I did everything mentioned in the posts above and this has always worked before when the sound stopped working, but none of it has helped this time. The soundbar turns on and off correctly when the TV is turned on and off, but I'm not getting any sound from the soundbar. The strangest part is the fact that the soundbar is causing the TV to turn off every 18 minutes. I know this because after I disconnected the soundbar from the HDMI/ARC input on my TV, the TV stays on.   

Highlighted

Hello PB5TK*, 

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing these audio and power issues with your SoundBar 300. 

Thank you for trying some troubleshooting. 

Concerning your TV powering off, I would recommend that you take a look into the power off mode of your Soundbar. When there is no audio or video signals being passed to or through the system, the system will automatically turn off after 18 to 20 minutes to save power. To disable this functionality;

• In the SoundTouch app, navigate to Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings and select the desired system
  • In the Speaker Details, choose "Advanced Setup"
  • Use the toggle to the right of "Auto-off" to turn the feature on or off

In regards to to the no audio, have you tried the previous troubleshooting suggested within this thread?

We would love to get this resolved for you.

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

I have my SoundTouch 300 connected to a Sony XBR-55X800B and have had minimal issues until now.

The speaker was not on wifi and I tried connecting it. Updated the firmware once connected, but even after turning things off the speaker would not power off after 20 min. Since you cannot “forget a network”, I decided to reset the soundbar. Now, nothing but problems. I’ve read every post and have made sure ARC is enabled on the tv, adjusted the CEC settings in the Bose app. Reset the handshake many times. The soundbar turns on the TV as expected sometimes plays sound then switches back to TV speakers and blinks or it just blinks and never plays sound until I adjust the volume. 
Is this a soundbar issue or tv issue?! Please help.