Mogli8888
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Soundbar 300 pairing with Soundlink Revolve +

I own a Soundbar300. This was purchased 2-3 years ago. I use the SoundTouch app to connect it to my phone. 

I’ve recently purchased a Soundlink Revolve +.

I was under the impression that one could sync the two. Unfortunately, this has proven impossible so far. 

I’ve downloaded the app “Bose Music”. It does not recognise my Soundbar. The app tells me my Soundbar should flash amber light to sync. My Soundbar is one generation older and doesn’t have amber light. However, getting it into sync mode doesn’t resolve the issue. 

My SoundTouch app does not recognize my Soundlink speaker. 

So, how do I get them to sync and play the same music at the same time?

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Soundbar 300 pairing with Soundlink Revolve +

Hello Mogli8888,

Sorry to hear that you have had this experience.

Regrettably it is not possible to pair the SoundTouch 300 soundbar to the SoundLink Revolve+.

You may have heard of our SimpleSync feature, however this requires one of our Smart Home Speaker range of products to enable this pairing which is not available in the SoundTouch app. 

I apologize for any disappointment this provides.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Mogli8888
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please let me know what portable speaker is compatible with my soundbar?

On the Bose website it states that soundbar 300 and soundlink are compatible. It does not state that having a product that is less than 4 years old is not compatible with new models. Very disappointed in Bose. 

Charlotte_G

@Mogli8888 I believe that you may be looking at the details for the Smart Soundbar 300 and not the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. You can connect other SoundTouch speakers with the soundbar in a group, but not our portable Bluetooth speakers.

I hope this clears things up.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Mogli8888
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Hi Charlotte

Thank you for your reply. 

Are you planning on launching an app update that will make the products compatible?

Are you discontinuing the production of SoundTouch products? It already seems hard to find compatible speakers.

I really feel cheated by Bose. I purchased the newest model 3-4 years ago and bought into the Bose ecosystem in order to have the ability to expand... good to to know for future investments.

Sam_F

Hey Mogli8888,

The SoundTouch range of products continues to have our full support and assistance, and we're always able to help if you have any issues or queries. All SoundTouch speakers available are compatible to be used in the SoundTouch app and grouped with other systems through Bluetooth.

If you ever use a Smart Home system in the Bose Music app, you'll have access to the SimpleSync feature, which allows you to connect the Revolve speaker using Bluetooth. If you have any further queries or questions for us, please let us know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
alanramone
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

I just purchased soundbar300 and soundlink revolve II speaker, it appeared on your website these 2 could be paired.  Is this still not possible?

Tegan_M

Hi Alanramone,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can pair the Smart Soundbar 300 to your SoundLink Revolve II via SimpleSync in the Bose Music app. You can find instructions on how to do this HERE.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!