Hector46&2
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Soundbar 700 and Apple TV

1. My Bose remote simultaneously controls the Apple TV and the TV settings. Annoying. Please save me.
2. I have an appleTv 4K plugged into the Vizios HDMI. The Bose soundbar is optical out to the vizios optical port. How do I optimize the audio? Sounds nothing like the store demo.
3. How can I control the soundbar volume via Siri remote only (Apple TV remote)?
4. Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
chops
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 and Apple TV

@Hector46&2 Here's what i would recommend (fellow soundtouch user here)

1. Make sure that your soundtouch is plugged into ARC channel on your TV

2. Setup the soundtouch using the AdaptIQ (you need to plug in the adaptIQ headphones at the back of your soundtouch and press the soundtouch icon + 9 on your bose remote to start the process. This makes a HUGE difference to the sound quality (however room acoustics do play a big part as well)

3. If you connect your HDMI cables into the ARC channel on your TV (i.e. if your tv has one) then the Apple TV 4 remote controls both.

Hector46&2
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I don’t have ARC on any of the HDMI inputs on the TV
chops
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Unfortunately without ARC (autio return channel) you can't have a second device (e.g. apple tv 4) controlling the inputs / features of your television.

Community Manager

Hi Hector46&2,

Thanks for writing in!

I would recommend checking THIS article from Apple regarding programming the new Apple 4k remote to control the sound system.  Since the Soundbar 700 has an IR receiver, this should work while you are connected via optical.  

Regarding the sound quality, have you been able to navigate through the settings of Apple TV and the TV for audio output settings?  We want to make sure it's set to Dolby Digital or DTS for the best quality.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

atadpeled
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Hello,

I thought optical cable would not support DTS. Is there a way to connect the soundbar 500, apple.tv 4k and Samsung tv (with ARC) using HDMI? That way othet audio formats can be used.

Thanks.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Atadpeled, 

Thank you for getting in touch to the community. I will be happy to help you with your question! 

You can do a regular setup with HDMI (Connecting the Apple TV to your TV, Then connecting the Samsung TV to the Soundbar with a HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC port) That way you can adjust the settings on the Apple TV audio settings and that should pass through to the Soundbar. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to message back. 

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support

Avneet
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Hi
Trying to add the Apple TV to the universal remote control of Bose 700 sound bar, once the setup is complete and the remote is added successfully. I’m still unable to control the Apple TV via Bose universal remote under the selected cloud icon on the remote, but once I switch to TV icon, the remote controls both the Samsung TV and the APPLE TV
Already tried removing the universal remote, adding Apple TV several times

Moreover can’t add my set top box to the universal remote, the turn on/off procedure won’t go through.
The sound bar is connected through ARC
Can’t use a single universal feature on the “universal remote”
Please suggest how to sort this out

Hi Avneet, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. 

Have you looked at the other posts and articles suggested in this thread? The Apple article above may assist you with this issue. 

Could you please also go into more detail about your setup for example Apple TV into TV HDMI 1 etc? 

Thanks! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

mohangbits
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019