Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenks215
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Soundbar smart 300 grouping multi room with soundtouch 10 & 20 speakers

Hi I am looking at buying a new speaker & looking at the soundbar smart 300 speaker. I am currently running a soundtouch 20 & soundtouch 10 in other rooms, was wondering how you would get all 3 in a group playing the same music as they use different apps. I have seen on the bose website that they might be compatible under soundsync but can't find anywhere that says how you do it. Do need some help before I make a purchase. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Soundbar smart 300 grouping multi room with soundtouch 10 & 20 speakers

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Jenks215, 

Thanks for choosing Bose and welcome to the community forums. 

It's exciting to hear you are looking at the Smart Soundbar 300 for your new Bose speaker. It sounds like you are looking for SimpleSync. 

SimpleSync is a proprietary Bose technology that allows you to pair a member of the Bose Smart Family with select Bose speakers or headphones. To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right of your screen, tap on “group,” and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products. For the complete list of products, see Products that support SimpleSync in the Bose Support section. SimpleSync provides a one-to-one connection, so you can use it to pair two products maximum. Your two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30 feet) of each other to stay connected. Walls and construction materials can affect reception at times.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Jenks215, 

Thanks for choosing Bose and welcome to the community forums. 

It's exciting to hear you are looking at the Smart Soundbar 300 for your new Bose speaker. It sounds like you are looking for SimpleSync. 

SimpleSync is a proprietary Bose technology that allows you to pair a member of the Bose Smart Family with select Bose speakers or headphones. To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right of your screen, tap on “group,” and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones. Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products. For the complete list of products, see Products that support SimpleSync in the Bose Support section. SimpleSync provides a one-to-one connection, so you can use it to pair two products maximum. Your two products must remain within typical Bluetooth wireless range (30 feet) of each other to stay connected. Walls and construction materials can affect reception at times.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Jenks215 Simple sync is a proprietary technology using BlueTooth. Sadly you can only pair two speakers using Simple Sync. At present the only way to connect speakers from each of Bose’s platforms is Airplay. Which works well for music.

Jenks215
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Thank you for your replies.

So I went ahead and brought my new soundbar.

I have it all set up and am able to use simplesync to pair to my soundtouch10 which has Bluetooth. I then go into the soundtouch app and create a group with my soundtouch20 and this gives me the same music on all 3 speakers. 

Thanks again everyone.