Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Soundlink 130 cutting out video and audio frequently

Hi there,

I have had the soundlink 130 system for 3/4 years without any issues. The set up has not changed however there is now an issue with the screen flickering and sound stopping whilst watching TV on the CBL/SAT option. This has increased in frequency to the point it is impossible to watch a program without it being interrupted 20/30 times. It does this on other inputs also such as DVD. I have checked all cables and turned everything off and on and tried changing the TV input and cables. When it is doing this the display goes to loading after it flickers for a few seconds then stabilises for a few moments then continues again. On occasion the box has turned off while doing this without displaying the usual “turning off” on screen when you power it off by remote. Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink 130 cutting out video and audio frequently

Hi Dion84,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

Just to double-check with you, are you referring to the SoundTouch 130 system? If not can you use the Product Identifier and let me know which system you are using?

As you mentioned this happens with all of the inputs on the system, have you been using the same device in all of the inputs? Or do you have multiple devices that are showing the same behavior?

If it is just one that is doing this, try connecting it directly to your TV, bypassing the 130 and see if you still get the audio/video dropouts.

One thing that will definitely be worth doing as well is a reset of the control console. To do this what you will want to do is:

• Turn the system off.
  • Unplug the control console from the power outlet.
  • Unplug the speaker output from the control console.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the speaker output to the control console.
  • Reconnect the control console power cord.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Re: Soundlink 130 cutting out video and audio frequently

Hi there,

it is the SoundTouch 130, yes. I have tried the reset you described but it did not solve the issue. I connected the fire TV box directly to the TV and the issue has stopped. It was doing it mostly when the fire TV was playing through the system but also did it when PS4 was on via the system.