Highlighted
Chimney37
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Soundlink 2 doesn’t auto reconnect

When I leave the room and go beyond the Bluetooth range, the speaker will disconnect and does not reconnect back when I return within range. I have to repair the speaker with my iPhone XS (this also happens with my Apple Watch) 

any solutions so that I don’t have to keep re-pairing? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Soundlink 2 doesn’t auto reconnect

Hi Chimney37, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are describing with reconnecting to the SoundLink Mini 2. I'll do all I can to assist! 

Can you tell me if you have another device in your listening space which is connected to the speaker? It could be that if you leave the space the other device is connecting. 

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Chimney37
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hi Jessie

no there’s no other device. I’ve tried even disconnecting the Apple Watch to reduce the chance of this. So it’s just the iPhone, that I connect, it plays fine until I leave the Bluetooth range. When I return, I have to use the app to reconnect. (The speaker doesn’t appear in my list of Bluetooth devices in my iphone. Only after re-pairing, does it appear again). 

ive also tried pressing the Bluetooth button for 10 Sec to clear the pairing list. Didn’t help. 

hope you can help? Thanks!!

Hi Chimney37, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

If you power off the speaker and power it back on, does it automatically reconnect?

Have you always had this issue? 

I would recommend resetting the speaker by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Chimney37
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Thank you, I’ll try that when I’m back in office on Tuesday (it’s set up there). 
it’s a brand new speaker I just received it. 

will get back to you if it works! 

Chimney37
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue for me. I still have to reconnect the speaker to my iPhone each time I went out of range of the Bluetooth. 

Is there any other option to fix this? 

Hi Chimney37, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Could you please ensure that both the speaker and your device are running the latest software version? You can ensure that the speaker is running the latest software by connecting it to a PC and using our Bose Online Updater.

Please update us on the result of these steps and if any other community members are experiencing a similar issue please let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Chimney37
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I have solved this problem- once I return from outside Bluetooth range, I have to press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and it would then connect to my device. I did not realise I have to press anything to connect- I had imagined that it would auto connect without me having to do anything. But this is still better than having to connect it from my phone from scratch.