Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Soundlink Adapter AUX-in.

Hi! I have the Soundlink Adapter with Companion 20 computer speakers connected. I’m trying to connect my LG Hu80ka Cinebeam projector via its optical digital audio out cable to the AUX-in port on the Soundlink Adapter. I’ve tried a cable I purchased as well as the cable that came with the Soundlink Adapter to no avail.

When I go to the SoundTouch app and switch to AUX I don’t get any sound. I think I’ve done everything right but I still have no sound. Any suggestions? It may be on the LG side? I’m heading to post there now. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundlink Adapter AUX-in.

Hey R0b3rtTB,

Welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help! Before we start troubleshooting, I need to confirm, is this the adaptor you have? If not, please can you send me a link to the adaptor you are using?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Thanks for confirming that for us R0b3rtTB!

The first thing I would recommend doing is making sure that each part of this setup is working as intended individually, before bringing them back together. To check the speakers are working, try playing something to the speakers from the WLA via Bluetooth or the SoundTouch app. If this does not give you any sound, then try connecting the speakers to another audio source like a computer, or cellphone with a 3.5mm audio output and see if you get sound then. 

You can also test the input on the WLA via optical by connecting the WLA to the optical output of another device, like a TV. I also know many cable boxes, games consoles and DVD/Blu-ray players also have optical outputs, so it would be worth testing those as well.

Once you have established whether the speakers work with another audio source, make sure that the projector is definitely sending audio through the optical cable. There may be a setting in the projector that needs changing to choose which audio output you are using.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!