Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Soundlink III - sound clipped from start of a track

Every audio track I play via Bluetooth has the first second or so clipped - as if there were a delay in the speaker. There is no delay when I play the track directly from the laptop (Windows 10). It's annoying when I'm teaching a song and the first note often gets missed out.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink III - sound clipped from start of a track

Hi David, 

I am sorry that you're having issues with starting audio on your SoundLink III. 

Does this occur with all audio streaming apps you use?

Lets do a reset of your speaker to see if this provides improvements;

• Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly
  • Press the Power button to turn the system back on

Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Thanks for responding so quickly. I tried resetting, to no avail. The first half-second or so of music is still missing (on mp3 tracks). Where a song starts with a short note, that note is missing. It's for starting a (online!) choir, so the first note is obviously important. When I revert to the laptop speaker is starts ok.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Does this issue occur when connecting to the laptop via an AUX cable, also? 

Do you have any links to examples of songs that experience the issue, Davidd55? I personally own a SoundLink III and have never experienced missing audio from the start of tracks. 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Hmm - I don't have any way of connecting via AUX. Here's a sample where the first note of the song is clipped. I can't here the full word cantarei when listening through the Bose. Oh..it looks like there's no way to attach the file from my hard drive?