Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Soundlink Solid Green Wifi light

Hello,

My Soundlink Air has a solid green wifi indicator - which used to be blue - and does not show in Itunes.

I have reset the unit, watched the blue flashing light as it tries to connect to my wifi and then it turns solid green.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Re: Soundlink Solid Green Wifi light

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blaireau

Hello Jessie,

Thanks for your response.

The light was solid - no flashing at all.

On the positive side, the day after I posted the issue here the light went back to solid blue and everything seems to be working perfectly. I didn't close the post because I was hoping that someone could explain to me what had happened so that I know what to do if it happens again.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hi Blaireau, Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your SoundLink Air. I'll be more than happy to assist you! 

Can you tell me if the WiFi indicator blinks at all? 

This will help me determine what is happening with your system. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blaireau

Hello Jessie,

Thanks for your response.

The light was solid - no flashing at all.

On the positive side, the day after I posted the issue here the light went back to solid blue and everything seems to be working perfectly. I didn't close the post because I was hoping that someone could explain to me what had happened so that I know what to do if it happens again.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Blaireau, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm glad to hear that this seems to be working from you!

Based on what you have said, It sounds like the system was updating but because it has resolved itself, we cannot be sure. 

If you need any further assistance, you know where to find us!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Perfect.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Hi—I am having the exact same issue. The green light on my unit has been solid green for 3 straight daysI don’t think it’s a coincidence that I am also having the same issue within a week as the OP. 

I’ve done multiple soft and hard (Factory) resets, and attempts to update the system via the Mute button on the remote and via USB cable on both Mac and Windows devices. 

...help?

Highlighted

Hi Gagliardia23, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Air. 

Did you get any error messages when you were trying to update the speaker?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2020

I have the exact same problem - updating and have a new router, made my Soundlink having a steady green light. Since then I haven´t been able to connect to the device.

How do I solve the problem?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for responding. No, I received no errors when I updated through the Bose Soundlink Air application on my Windows. In fact, it says that my speaker was up to date (I don't know how this is possible though, as I completed a factory reset on my speaker). I also used the mute button on my remote to check for an update, and the light blinked 4 times indicating that it was up to date.

The wifi light has remained green for a week. I gave it some time just in case it was truly updating, but clearly it seems to be a different issue. I completed another factory reset today and the issue persists.

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to me Tony. 

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have tried thus far. At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with your local technical support team to see what options are available for you. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again!