JRFaughnan
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Soundtouch 10 Aux - rebroadcast

Hello.  I'm new to Soundtouch, and I just purchased three ST 10 speakers, plus a ST Wave IV.  I bought the ST Wave IV primarily so I could continue play CDs - on a stand-alone basis or through all of the ST 10 speakers.  But it occurs to me that instead I could return the ST Wave IV and just by in inexpensive, portable CD player, plug it into one of the ST 10 speakers' AUX connection, and broadcast the CD from that ST 10 speaker to the other two ST 10 speakers.  Browing through this forum, however, I see a number of questions/issues about the ability to do AUX rebroadcasting (a term that is new to me).  Before I return my ST Wave IV and try out a CD player, could somebody confirm if the AUX rebroadcast issue has been resolved favorably?  I appreciate any guidance (including any guidance a good, portable CD player).  Thank you.

By the way, I also purchased a ST 300 soundbar for a new television.  If the AUX rebroadcasting works, should it play through the soundbar as well?  Sorry for the neophyte nature of these questions!    

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 10 Aux - rebroadcast

Hello JRFaughnan, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Please don't apologize for asking questions, we were all beginners once, and I'm sure the questions you are asking would benefit someone else in the Community too!

I am so glad to hear that you are now the proud owner of quite a few Bose products, and I would love to assist you today. To start with, I am incredibly sorry if you have been misinformed, but the Wave SoundTouch IV system, will not allow you to broadcast the CDs that it is playing to the other ST 10 speakers. This is not a feature of the system and it would not work. 

In regards to the ST 10's connecting to a normal CD player via AUX and rebroadcasting the music, this would work, but due to internal processing, there could be a delay. Numerous factors such as internal processing speeds and internet speeds can have an impact on this and the delay would vary by set up. This is because of the way that the device would need to process the audio coming into it from the CD player, process it internally, to then transmit it to the second speaker which would need to repeat this step to send it to the third.  

I really hope that this helps to explain things a little more, however as always I welcomed the feedback of the Community users to share their own personal experiences and setups. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!