Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Soundtouch 10 Bluetooth Cutting Out

I have 4 soundtouch 10 speakers, 2 speaker pairs, each in a different room my house. Bluetooth connectivity has been sketchy from day one. Selecting Pandora, TuneIn or other options via the Soundtouch app work well. It's just Bluetooth that's a problem. Not often, but sometimes I can listen to music or podcasts from my phone for long stretches with no issue before it cuts in and out. I am able to connect to other Bluetooth devices from my phone and I experience no connection issues. I have reset each speaker and reconnected but with the same result. Just now I tried ungrouping and only playing on one speaker but it cut in and out. Please help! 

5 REPLIES 5
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 10 Bluetooth Cutting Out

As you say mon ami, connection has been sketchy from day one.

The system simply does not work. The firmware in teh speakers and the app are completely fragile.

Sell them on Ebay and buy something thatworks.

Highlighted

Hello ABQ Alli,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I can certainly understand how frustrating it must be to experience this audio quality when using Bluetooth on your SoundTouch 10 speakers.

So to confirm, regardless of whether they are grouped, you always experience the cutting out? 

If so, have you been able to connect another device, just for testing purposes, to see if this still happens?

I'd suggest clearing the pairing list on each of the speakers. On the button pad or the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks white twice. Then, on your phone, go to the Bluetooth list and remove all of the speakers. Now reconnect and test the stability.

Let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Clearing out the Bluetooth seems to be working for now. I'll return to this thread if it's not a permanent solution 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

I have been clearing out the Bluetooth settings weekly and it's still cutting out. Very frustrating. Especially now I'm working at home and would love to use my Bose speakers more than usual.  Please help! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Yep, and it will continue to do so.

I have a PhD in robotics and two kids who are doing computer science and we cannot get our speakers to stay connected.

It is the most frustrating thing...

Standard Operating rocedure;

1. Come home.

2. Open Soundtouch App

3. Can't find speakers.

4. Turn all speakers on and off.

5. Can't find speakers.

6. Give up on wifi.

7. Got to bluetooth.

8. Get one speaker working.

9. 10 minutes later - drops out.

10. Reconnect.

11. 10 minutes later - drop out

12 - give up.

13. Get $50 boom box and connect phone to that via 3.5mm jack.