Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Soundtouch 10 Connectivity Issue

I recently bought a Soundwave 10 and can connect to it wirelessly to it. However, after every time I turn the system off and use it again I have to re connect to it all over again. The Bluetooth doesn't recognize the device I'm attempting to use and I have to forget and re discover it every time. Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 Connectivity Issue

Hello @Wlbruni

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connectivity issues with your SoundTouch 10 system. To confirm, is the problem only with the Bluetooth connection or is this with the Wi-Fi/SoundTouch connection also?

I'd start by performing a reset on the speaker by removing the power for 30 seconds. 

Should the issue just be with the Bluetooth connection, I would suggest clearing the pairing list. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, on any previously connected device, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the speaker. Now establish a new connection and test the stability. 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Hello and thank you for the response. I've been using my Soundtouch 10 for a week now and I'm still running into connectivity issues. Occasionally it will pair with my Bluetooth without any issue. But more often than not I have to go through the entire set up process in order to be able to connect. When I do connect, the sound connection cuts out constantly. The gaps last for several seconds and sometimes the unit ends up turning off completely. I have moved the unit to ensure a clear path with no obstructions between my device and the Soundtouch unit but it doesn't make a difference. I'm extremely frustrated with this product and don't know what to do to fix it. Any advice at all would be helpful. 

Highlighted

Hey @Wlbruni,

I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved for you. Are you noticing connectivity issues when connected with Bluetooth? If so, are you keeping within the recommended 30ft range to ensure no dropouts?

For WiFi, the connection strength will depend on distance from the router and your internet speeds. Do the audio dropouts happen when streaming through both Bluetooth and WiFi? Also, have you tried using a different device to stream to your speaker to see if there's any difference in the performance?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I'm connecting through Bluetooth but I have to connect the speaker through wi-fi initially through the set up process using the Soundtouch app. I'm within the recommended 30 ft range for proper operation. The unit itself is located in my bathroom and when I'm using it I'm not wandering around from room to room with my device. I have not connected with another device to check the results because I don't have music to listen to on any other device besides the one I'm using currently. Also, the distance to my router is very short in distance and I don't have any issues connecting to any other Bluetooth devices with the device I'm using aside from the Soundtouch speaker. The amount of total dropouts has decreased significantly but I still experience hiccups here and there for no apparent reason at all. 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for us Wlbruni.

What I would recommend doing next is making sure the speaker is fully up to date. You can do this through the SoundTouch app by opening the menu and navigating to Settings > About > [Your SoundTouch 10]. You'll find the software version here, the latest is 25.0.0.

If you don't have the SoundTouch app setup, you can also make sure the speaker is fully up to date by following the steps shown HERE. I find the USB cable method to be the easiest and most effective way, so I would recommend trying that first!

I hope this helps!