Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Soundtouch 10: Help! Bluetooth cutting out from Echo Dot

Searched the archives....nothing seems to help. Bluetooth from both my phone or from my echo dot has started cutting out every few minutes for about 5 seconds, sometimes more frequent. WiFi Signal strength is great I unplugged for 30 seconds, i've reset the speaker, my app is up to date. It was working great until about a few weeks ago (~6/15/19) Anything else I can try??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Re: Soundtouch 10: Help! Bluetooth cutting out

Author Accepted Answer selected by sando2000

to follow up:  I believe the problem was the Amazon Echo Dot, not the Bose Speaker!

for some reason 5GHz wifi on the dot messes up the bluetooth, but 2.4Ghz doesn't.

Sorry for the confusion!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Sando2000, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a manual update on the speaker via the updater here. Please also move the speaker closer to your phone to see if the connection is more reliable as well as ensuring that your Dot is also up to date with the latest software. I would also recommend that you move the speaker to another room to see if the issue persists. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would encourage the community to let us know if they have had this issue and found an alternate resolution. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Thanks Hector! I went to update via the app, update is greyed out, implying it is up to date. Are you thinking I need to do the cabled update via my computer? Echo Dot: that shouldn't be the issue, because the same thing happens when I bluetooth from my phone, right? The speaker is about 6 ft from the echo dot. no barrier in between. straight line of sight. Thanks for trying to help!

Hello Sando2000,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. 

We would recommend trying the method in which you plug your speaker into the computer, yes. Once you have manually updated the speaker, please perform a product reset. To do this, turn off the product and unplug it from power for 30 seconds. When power is reconnected, a tone is heard from the product and it is reset. 

Once you have done this please let me know if the issue still persists. If so we can look to finding another solution. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sando2000

to follow up:  I believe the problem was the Amazon Echo Dot, not the Bose Speaker!

for some reason 5GHz wifi on the dot messes up the bluetooth, but 2.4Ghz doesn't.

Sorry for the confusion!

View solution in original post