Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Soundtouch 10 NO Airplay 2 after Update 24.0.7

Hello,

I have the issue that i can not use Airplay 2 on my 3 Soundtouch 10 after I updated to the latest firmware.

What can I do to solve this problem? I already made a reset to default.

Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 10 NO Airplay 2 after Update 24.0.7

@fr34kmc - Hi - I had the same issue with my SoundTouch 10.   Apparently, some were manufactured without the chip necessary to support Airplay 2.  The guidelines I've seen so far is that if you purchased before October, 2015, then this is probably the case with your unit.  The good news is that if you contact Bose support and provide them with the serial number of your speaker, they can tell you if this is the case, or not.  If it is, they will arrange for you to ship the speaker back to Bose to have the correct chip installed, free of charge including free shipping.  I just did this and had the speaker back in about two weeks.  

The other reasons I've read about for it not working is that your SoundTouch speaker has the same name as another AirPlay 2 device on your network - if so, try renaming one of them.  Also, the speakers don't show up as AirPlay 2 devices when they are paired with other speakers through the Bose app - either stereo pair with two ST10's, or the regular pairing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

its taken hours of effort to discover that the previously working Airplay for paired Soundtouch 10 has been sabotaged by the latest firmware update. There should be an explicit warning that Bose may not be capable of providing support for Apple / Airplay in paired mode. Makes my purchase pointless given this was the sole reason for choosing Bose over others. Oh well, time to junk Bose and move on to brands which actually deliver on what they they are selling

In case anyone wants to use paired speakers, still possible via bluetooth or via PC. Tough luck if want to use Apple, go elsewhere

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2016

Hi, i bought my SoundTouch 10 on May 2016. Where do I have to send my serial number to verify it?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Help. My soundtouch don’t have airplay

I’m using the Soundtouch 10 series

I saw other’s use it with airplay but mine can’t 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

I am having the same problem. Is the only solution to replace SoundTouch? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

AIr play2 with SoundTouch 10 speaker

after updating the speaker release 25.0 The airplay 2 from Iphone,Ipad is not working, The device is not displaying in the airplay menu.

Highlighted

Re: AIr play2 with SoundTouch 10 speaker

Hey Hatem Omar, 

If you have followed all the steps and this is still not working for you, you may need to send the speaker to us for a repair as @Marty_K mentioned. If you have us a call, we will be able to verify this for you. You can do this by selecting your region here, and then scrolling down to the customer support button at the bottom of the page. 

Thanks for your understanding!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

The same case of Marty K.

I live in Mexico, I contacted to Bose LATAM, and they contacted me, and they asked me to send my ST10 for repair here in Mexico City. In three days they returned my speaker with the new chip.

Now works!!!!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Same Issue with me.  

Pls help.