Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Soundtouch 10 Permanent Blue Bluetooth Light On

I have a new Soundtouch 10 and the bluetooth light is always on.  I turn off the speaker and 5 minutes later is on again.  I cannot connect to a device unless I keep the bluetooth button pressed for a while or restore to fabric values (number 1 with volume).

So every time I want to hook it takes me around 5 minutes to do it. Some times it just wont work.

I have another soundtouch 10 for about 5 years and everything works just fine.

The blue light is too bright at night and it bothers me also.

I read another post about the same thing and it said to contact customer suppor, but the link to the Mexico support is broken. https:// www.bose.mx/es_mx/support.html

What to do?

Thanks in advance to your prompt response

SIta

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 10 Permanent Blue Bluetooth Light On

Hello Sita, 

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your SoundTouch 10 speaker but would be happy to help.

It sounds like there may be physical damage to your system, but I'd be happy to offer some troubleshooting assistance should you like to attempt this. Firstly, have you performed a factory reset on the speaker, to ensure that this is not a software fault with the unit? This can be done by pressing, and holding, the "1" and "Volume -" buttons simultaneously when the system is powered on. Keep holding until the Wi-Fi LED begins to flash white. When the Wi-Fi LED is solid orange, the system has reset successfully. 

If you're unable to factory reset the system, have you tried manually updating the firmware of the speaker? To do this you will require a computer and a USB to Micro-USB cable. You can find full information on how to do this from our website HERE.

Should you still be experiencing, I encourage to reach out to support in your region of Mexico directly to explore available service options for the system. Support can be reached via 001-800-900-2673, Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM. Additional contact methods can be found via their website HERE.

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Andy, thank you very much for your assistance.

I updated the firmware and it is working perfect!!!

ThanksRegards

Sita

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Thanks also from a user having a similar problem pairing with Bluetooth.  [The speaker would show as connected to my phone; but no sound - and no solid white light on the Bluetooth indicator.]. The SoundTouch App on my phone cannot work independent of WiFi (and won't connect to hour home network - another issue), and thus worthless for pairing.  So I manually reloaded the software onto the speaker through my computer as instructed.  With a reboot, the speaker now pairs with my phone and sounds great.  Great to see the Bluetooth indicator light finally turn white instead of the permanent blue!    

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Dear Andy

I also have same problem. I already update and reinstall app anything back to work great but only bluetooth light is permanent off. I try to hold Bluetooth/Aux 10 sec but Bluetooth indicator still be off

Please advise 

My email [Edited by Moderator]

Thank you so much

Hello Noch,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also having trouble with the Bluetooth connection on your SoundTouch 10.

When you say the Bluetooth light is permanently off, do all the other lights work correctly? Is the problem just with the Bluetooth light? 

Also, does Bluetooth work on your SoundTouch 10 and it is just the light that does not work? Or are we unable to use Bluetooth at all?

Kind regards,

Keith L

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

Dear Keith L

First I would like to thank you to reply me.

When I tried to push on bluetooth/AUX button. The light of bluetooth/AUX were not work and also I can't connect on Bluetooth mode. 

Thank you so much

Noch 

Highlighted

Hello Noch, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you tried to force the speaker to update its firmware? You can do this by pressing and holding preset 4 and Vol- together for around 10 seconds. 

If the issue persists, I would encourage you to reach out to local support in your region here

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Did anyone manage to get the problem described here solved.

Once the SoundTouch 10 is plugged in, the Bluetooth light comes on and stays on. Holding down "1" or "4" and the volume buttons does not work to reset the device. We also tried to use the manual reset with USB connection to our computer using this step Using your web browser, go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html, but that does not work either, with message "...the server where this page is located isn't responding." Even though the bluetooth light is on the device is not connecting to any bluetooth from computer or phones, or tablets with bluetooth enabled. Our device is useless at this point. What can we do? 

Highlighted

Hi judej,

I do have something else that you can try to resolve this. What you will want to do is follow these steps:

• Disconnect the speaker from power for 2 minutes.
  • Press and hold "1" and "Vol -" together, while reconnecting the power cable to the speaker.
  • When all the lights show on the front of the speaker, disconnect from power again.
  • Wait for 2 minutes.
  • Plug back into power.

After doing this test the speaker and see how you get on. If it doesn't do the trick, the next thing to do would be to reach out to your local support team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how this goes!