Soundtouch 10 Requires Reconnection Everyday

Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 10 Requires Reconnection Everyday

I have 4 Soundtouch 10 speakers and they must be reconnected every day to be recognized by the app. This is accomplished by either unplugging each speaker or resetting my router. I have seen many postings on this site but none of the proposed solutions have worked for me. Some Stats:

1. Operating System: IOS (iphone and ipad) and Mac

2. Router: Ubee Cable Modem through TWC/Spectrum (reset many times)

3. Reconnected speakers: many times

4. Remote works fine even for speakers not found by the app

5. How long: problem since Feb 2017

6. Frustration level: high

7. Theory: tweak router settings?

8. Moderator requested: Brandon seems to have dealt with this issue the most

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Soundtouch 10 Requires Reconnection Everyday

Hi pgshand, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear your having this issue.

Typically making some changes to your router settings will resolve this issue. The setting we would recommend changing if the Wireless Channel for the 2.4 and 5g signals. Most routers have this set to automatic.

Once you have done this, give it a test and if this does not resolve the issue please let us know.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I am not sure what you are asking me to do; disable 2.4g?

Hi pgshand,

We don't necessarily need to disable either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands, but if they are both broadcasting the same SSID or name then the router will be deciding which of these bands all of your devices are connected to and can lead to communication issues between devices on two different bands.

As the remote is still controlling your speakers, even when the app can't find them, it would suggest they are on your network and just unable to communicate with the app correctly.

The best way to ensure we get all of your SoundTouch devices and the app onto the same band would be renaming the 5GHz band to something like 'your Wi-Fi name - 5'. This will give you the control over which band your devices use rather than the router. Everything currently connected to your router will stay on the 2.4GHz band unless you want to change them over afterwards. 

If you need any help setting this up you can contact either your ISP or your local Bose Technical Support team and they'll be able to assist. You can find the Bose contact information HERE by selecting your region then 'Contact Us'

I hope this helps

Keith_L - Community Support - 

Quiet Contributor

The bands were originally set up with separate names, i.e "Name-5G" and "Name" for the 2.4.

What else and we do to rectify my problem?

Thank you for getting back to us.

Which of the two bands have we connected your SoundTouch Speakers to? And when we are unable to see them on the app, which band is the device the app is installed on connected to?

We do have some other settings on the router we recommend changing for our SoundTouch speakers listed below, let us know if those help.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

All the best

Keith_L

Quiet Contributor

The speakers were set up on 2.4, and the mac/ipad/iphone are all on 2.4.

Good, that's what we'd recommend for our speakers.

Let us know how you get on with the recommended settings. Once again if you need a hand setting it up, you contact your local technical support team or your ISP and they'll be able to get this set up with you.

Kind regards

Keith_L

Quiet Contributor

I made all of the changes to my router accept those involving IGMP; could not locate them. The changes that seemed to work were:

Changing all speakers to 2.4g and reconnecting;

Disabling WMM for 2.4g 

Question: does disabling this security feature jeopardize my network?

After I did that all 5 speakers remained connected all day, and apps on Mac, ipad, and iphone could find my speakers.

However, as I sat down to post this, one of the speakers (closest to the router) could not be found by the app, the dreaded "Searching for Speaker".

Suggestions for futher changes to the router settings?

Highlighted

Hi pgshand,

None of the settings we ask you to change will jeopardise your network. How close is this one speaker to the router? Can you check to see whether this happens with any other speakers? If it doesn't this means that its an isolated issue with this speakers connectivity.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C