Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Soundtouch 10 Set Up

I am currently in hotel - and with the current pandemic may be for some time! So I have one Soundtouch Speaker - but would like to add another.  My issue is that I do not have a 'home network' only the hotel public one.  I recall trying to use the alternative set up before but in the end took my speaker back to the UK, configured it, and bought it back.  Is there any way round not having access to a home network?  I would like to add this second one as a stereo pair - which I've not done before so would imagine it needs some setting up.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 Set Up

Hi JT64, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

Regarding your query, your SoundTouch 10 needs to be connected to the internet in order to use the stereo pairing. If the hotel's public network is not allowing you to do this, it is unlikely to work for you. 

If you have any further questions, please reach out to me again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Jesse - thank you.  Yes my current speaker connects to the Internet - and of course connects to my devices. But to set up I need for my phone app to see the speaker on the network - and being a public network (no user ID or password required) I cannot complete this stage.  (hence taking my last speaker back to the UK to set up on my home network - but I cant do that now!)  So really - how can I get my phone app to 'see' the new speaker?  Thank you

Highlighted

Both your speaker and your device need to be set up and connected to the same WiFi network in order for the app to see your speaker. 

What I would suggest, if you wish to use your SoundTouch 10 is to do this via a Bluetooth or an AUX connection.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Tegan,

Thank you - Yes I've got my new speaker up and running - sounds much better than one! Thank you. 🙂