Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpgleuso93
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2021

Soundtouch 10 and Amazon Echo Dot

Dear all, I have a Bose Soundtouch 10 from 2016 and just bought an Amazon Echo Dot. Streaming music and radio via Bluetooth works perfectly. But I don’t seem to be able to let them play simultaneously in stereo, adding them together to a group. When I select the “speaker option” I can only select one or the other, and the other will be greyed out or labelled as incompatible. 

I thought that it was possibile to have them play stereo but maybe I am mistaken? 

Thanks for any tip or help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 10 and Amazon Echo Dot

Author Accepted Answer selected by gpgleuso93

Hello Gpgleuso93,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I am sorry but you are unable to group a SoundTouch 10 and  an Alexa device. You may be able to set the ST 10 as the output device for your Alexa using a 3.5mm AUX cable, but you would be unable to pair them both wirelessly. I hope this helps to explain things a little more. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by gpgleuso93

Hello Gpgleuso93,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community forums. 

I am sorry but you are unable to group a SoundTouch 10 and  an Alexa device. You may be able to set the ST 10 as the output device for your Alexa using a 3.5mm AUX cable, but you would be unable to pair them both wirelessly. I hope this helps to explain things a little more. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gpgleuso93
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2021

Thank you!