Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Soundtouch 10: can't add the device to my account

Good morning,

i connected my soundtouch 10 to my wi-fi network but when i try to add it to my account, i choose the name of teh speaker and then it gives me an error saying that "impossible to connect it". What can I do? I tried so many times both with my iphone and my macbook,

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10: can't add the device to my account

Author Accepted Answer selected by JL87

Hi JL87, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue however I would love to help. 

Could you please ensure that your device is up to date with the latest software. You can update your speaker manually via this link.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by JL87

Hi JL87, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue however I would love to help. 

Could you please ensure that your device is up to date with the latest software. You can update your speaker manually via this link.

Kind Regards, 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

EDIT: Thank you so much, it worked! I solved it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Are you saying the speakers need updating? The app will not add the speakers to the system and the only option I have when I open the app is to add speakers. There is no option to update speakers. Each and everytime I try and add it says something happened and it cant be added at this time.

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi JL87, 

Kind Regards, 

Highlighted

Hi JB87 and Richmond, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on your issue. I am very happy to hear that this has resolved your issue. 

@Richmond Please see the link that was attached to JL87 to manually update the speaker rather than in-app as you are attempting to do.  

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2019

Manual update does not seem to work. It gets stuck after a couple of minutes. Any other suggestions on how to update the speaker ?

Highlighted

Hi Caitalin_leu, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear you are having issues updating your device. 

If you cannot perform the update manually, you should be able to do it via the SoundTouch App. If this does not work please reach out to your local Customer Support Team. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

Hi, I am facing same problem. I tried to install manually using my Mac laptop. I got confirmation that file finished updating and wait for system to restart. But I just saw Wifi light blink and then went blank and then Bluetooth light become solid blue and last led that music one(or i dont know what is that) become solid white. where as Wifi is blank and Aux is blank and nothing happening. I do not see system restarted. I kept my speaker in same position for about 45 mins. but nothing changed.

When I am trying to add Speaker in my account its not allowing me to add.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Highlighted

Hello aksharm3, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues adding your 10 to your SoundTouch account. 

Can you please attempt to factory reset the speaker and attempt setup again? You can reset by pressing the preset 1 and Vol- together for around 10 seconds or until all LEDs on the speaker blink. 

If the problem continues, please let me know.