Highlighted
steviejay
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Soundtouch 10 cannot be found on WiFi with Mobile Data enabled on iOS

This is a replicable issue.

If I enable Mobile Data on my iPhone (SE) I cannot locate the Soundtouch 10 on the network.

From the iPad it is not a problem as it is not celluar.

Both iDevices are updated to 13.2.3

Apps and speaker running latest updates (23.0.2 & 23.0.4)

The Home WiFi network is 5GHz only as dropout was experienced on 2.4GHz so it is disabled (moving channel or splitting SSIDs had no effect). 5GHz is less congested.

I have posted this on the Apple support pages too as the iPhone has random issues connecting to Bluetooth devices since iOS 11. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundtouch 10 cannot be found on WiFi with Mobile Data enabled on iOS

Hello steviejay,

Thanks for posting!

For clarification, does this occur when mobile data is enabled in the background? You have to be connected to your Wi-Fi network on your iPhone to be able to discover the speaker. If you are using mobile data, you will not be able to search for the speaker on the network. If you are still using Wi-Fi but only have mobile data enabled in the background, please let me know. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

steviejay
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Hi Charlotte yes I am using WiFi with Mobile Data enabled in the background.

The app refuses to detect the speaker until I turn the Mobile Data off.

Hello steviejay,

Thank you for getting back to me.

This is very strange and not something that I have heard of before. Could you please try disabling Wi-Fi assist. To do this, go to Settings > Mobile Data > Scroll to the bottom and disable Wi-Fi Assist. 

Additionally, do you have another mobile device that you could test this with? It's hard to compare with the iPad as it does not have the possibility of cellular data interfering.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

steviejay
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Hi Charlotte

Thanks for following this. The speaker has now updated to 23.0.12 firmware and is working!

I have had it working for a while previously, I just want to confirm it is unrelated to DHCP lease time / renewal. It must be close or over.

I can confirm WiFi Assist is off. The only other settings change I have made is with an unrelated issue with the screen than required me to turn off Auto-Brightness.

I do have some apps restricted from Mobile Data, but the Bose app is not one.

I will feedback tomorrow if it is still functioning correctly.