Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Soundtouch 10 has feature that Soundbar 500/700 really ought to have

I have 3 Soundtouch 10's for years and 1 Soundbar 500 2 years ago with extra Bass unit and satellite speakers

Have the app for both systems and haven't had any real complaints about any of it till today.

There is a streaming music that I can access with both systems, namely Whisperings Piano.  Through TuneIn they are both accessible.  There is a paid subscription that allows you to have the music without the ads.  Found instructions on how add the URL to Soundtouch and decided 'sure'.  Addition was simple and went off without a hitch.

Moved onto the Soundbar, which is costlier and more modern than the 10 and hit a dead end.  Finally called support and found out that Bose dropped the ability to add URL because 'there are lots of streaming services out there'.  Who drops a perfectly good functionality, especially when it is just software that is already developed??!!

Hey BOSE..... next software update, feel free to add the URL in so that your newer products are as good as your older.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundtouch 10 has feature that Soundbar 500/700 really ought to have

“Add URL” is a great SoundTouch feature that should be added to Bose Music app. While TuneIn has a good selection of radio stations, sometimes higher resolution versions are available with a different URL. Or TuneIn may not carry a specific station...enter “Add URL.” 

Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 has feature that Soundbar 500/700 really ought to have

Hey both!

Thank you for reaching out!

I have marked your post as a feature request so that the relevant team can view this.

Thank you for your feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!