Soundtouch 10 needs intermittent rebooting

Soundtouch 10

Canada

Software: 26.0.01

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Iphone 8 ios13

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

When I turn on the pair of soundtouch 10's I sometimes get a 2 red flashing lights. I then unplug both units to reboot and they work fine for about a week or so. Then the issue reoccurs. I mostly use the buttons on top of the soundtouch to turn on and select presets. Occaisionally I use the app or the remote. I'd love to resolve this issue....getting tired of unplugging. I use Bell Fibe which has a very strong wifi signal and the speakers are very close to the home hub. This problem has gone on since I bought the speakers a couple of years ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 10 needs intermittent rebooting

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bucky Drummer

Glad to hear this Bucky! 

You won't be able to power them off via the application. However, I'd love to raise this as a feature request for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hey Becky Drummer, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would love to help! Please can you use this identifier here to let me know which light display pattern you are seeing. This will help me to help you to resolve your issue.

I look forward to your reply. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

The soundtouch indicater....solid amber....thanks for responding

Highlighted

@becky Drummer, thanks for getting back to me! It seems like you are having issues with your presets. We may just need to remove the preset and then re-add it. This can be done using the steps here. Sometimes, a quick reboot can fix an issue too, like you have been doing by unplugging it. We sometimes need to go deeper with a factory reset if an issue persists. If the issue continues after removing and readding your presets, let's try the factory reset. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

I will try this next time this happens. Another question.....Is the auto off mode still available? I went to speaker settings and and there is no advanced setup on both my apps (ios and mac os) and therefore no auto off toggle. I was actually trying to find out how to turn the unit off from the app.

Highlighted

I would love to help. This should be available still. To use the Auto-off toggle in the SoundTouch app settings menu.

1. In the SoundTouch app, go to Menu ☰ > Speaker Settings, then select your product
  2. Select Advanced Setup
  3. Use the Auto-off toggle to turn the feature on (toggle to the right) or off (toggle to the left)
    • When on, your product will automatically power off if it is left unused for 20 minutes
    • When off, your product will remain on until your press the Power button to power it off

If this setting is not there, please can you let me know which app version you are running? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2017

Welcome to being a soundtouch 10 owner.

The support for these services speakers from the day they have been release has be utter garbage.

Missing services still that were promised at release, constantly needs resetting and repairing when the app can't find them, terrible bugs in the android app that make it impossible to repair speakers without an iPhone.

I literally only use these for whitenoise for my kid now, all it has to do is play a single track triggered by a button and it can't even make it a week without a problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

The setting is not there. I'm using App version 26.0.5

Highlighted

Hi BuckyDrummer,

That's really odd that you are not seeing this setting! Is it the Advanced Settings option that you aren't able to find in the app or specifically the Auto-Off setting?

You mentioned having a pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers, do you have them connected as a stereo pair, or are you using them individually? If you have them grouped as a stereo pair, try separating the group in the app, then adjusting the Auto-Off setting for both speakers, then recreate the stereo pair. To separate the stereo pair follow the steps shown HERE.

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

I am using them as a stereo pair. I will separate them and see what happens.