Soundtouch 10 not connecting to the APP in a configuration that has ST300 wired (Ethernet)

Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 10 not connecting to the APP in a configuration that has ST300 wired (Ethernet)

Hi,

I have a Soundtouch 300 connected via etherenet and connected to the APP as well. I am trying to add a new Soundtouch10 to this equation. Here are the issues:

- Soundtouch 10 gets connected to the wifi but is not  getting recognized by the APP

It throws an error: "Something bad happened. Unable to finish setup"

I do have theses speakers on the 5G network on my wifi.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinod 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Soundtouch 10 not connecting to the APP in a configuration that has ST300 wired (Ethernet)

Hello kgvkumar,  

Thanks for posting in the community. I would recommend trying to connect your Soundtouch 10 over a 2.4 frequency rather than 5G unless your router is very near to your Soundtouch 10 as 5G only works in close proximity and can vary in strength depending on the router so it's a good rule of thumb to only use 5G if the products are in close in proximity. 

I also have a few questions: 

• Has the Soundtouch 10 been connected over wifi before? Or are you trying to connect a new router/Soundtouch 10 system?

• How many devices are connected to the router? Which frequency are they on? What are those devices primarily used for? e.g. streaming 

• Does the Soundtouch 10 have the latest update? ( This can be checked in the app)

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards, 

Zoe_C - community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundtouch 10 not connecting to the APP in a configuration that has ST300 wired (Ethernet)

Thanks Zoe. I did connect the ST 10 to the 2.4 G frequency but still does not get setup on the APP. Pls see the attached screenshot of the error.

Answers to your questions:

- Yes the ST10 has been connected to the wifi before and factory reset it couple of times

There are around 11 devices including ipdas, iphones, amazon devices, apple TV.

I also have a sound touch 300 connected via ethrenet to the router.

No issues on bandwidth either way and the ST 10 is 6 ft away from the router.IMG_3692.jpgError from APP while setting up ST10

Okay, thanks for answering my questions, I have a few recommendations which I would like you to try listed below.

So firstly I want you to put all your other device on airplane mode or turn them off then try and connect your Sountouch 10 to the wifi router because there are a lot of devices being used I want to make sure they are not causing any interference.

I also want you to try and restart your router and see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

Noisy Narrator

Try logging out of your SoundTouch account and then logging back in. Then on to adding your new speaker following add or reconnect speaker . Put your speaker in set up mode 2 and vol - then look for the speaker in your wifi panel. Carry on!

Quiet Contributor

Hello Zoe, I tried this multiple times but does not work. I went one step further to even have the ST 30 on the same WiFi frequnecy as the ST 10 and connetc thro the app...it does recongize the ST 10 but does not register it in the APP, 

Any other suggestions?

Tx,

Vinod

Quiet Contributor

I have the same problem. hoping for a solution

Hi Kgvkunmar and DocPuk, 

Thanks for your post and thank you for updating us on this. I would recommend splitting the bands on your internet router to ensure that there aren't any issues here. I would also recommend ensuring that you don't have Wi-Fi assist enabled as this can cause the system to jump between connections. 

Please also reboot your router by removing the power cable and allowing it to reset for a few minutes. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hello Hector,

The bands are split into 5G and 2. Not sure what more needs to be done.

Tx,

Vinod 

Highlighted

Hi Kgvkunmar,

Thanks for the information provided.

Could you make sure if Wifi assist has been disabled as mentioned by @Hector.

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Kindest regards,

Prince O