Soundtouch 10 problem

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundtouch 10 problem

Hi, I've had 2x speakers for a few years now and the intermittent problems persist - speaker won't play sound, during dual play one speaker will drop in and out - are these just poor products? Expected more from Bose

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundtouch 10 problem

Hello Pete1mac, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some intermittent audio issues with your SoundTouch 10 speakers. There can be a number of factors that may cause this.

I'd like to gather some information from your setup:

• Has this issue occurred since the beginning, or more recently?
  • Do you have a dual-band router? (2.4GHz/5.0GHz)
  • How far are your speakers from your router?

I would initially recommend resetting both of your speakers by removing them from power for 30 seconds. 

Additionally, test your setup using an Ethernet connection. Plug the Ethernet into one of the speakers and use this as the main speaker.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi Charlotte,

The issues have occurred since the beginning. Yes I have a dual band router. The speakers are 2-4 metres from the router. I've reset the speakers a number of times in the past but problems persist.

Regards

Peter

Hello Pete1mac,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Can you please also confirm:

- Are the speakers joined as a stereo pair?

- If not, when creating a group are you ensuring the closest speaker is the master?

- Please try to un-sync the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands of the router, then connect both speakers and your device running the soundtouch app to the 2.4ghz band

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Jeff G

Audible Advocate

Hi Jeff,

How do I know if they're joined as a stereo pair?

'Please try to un-sync the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands of the router, then connect both speakers and your device running the soundtouch app to the 2.4ghz band' - the fact that this may be a corrective actions confirms that these speakers are a poor product.

Thanks for your help.

Peter