Highlighted
rcp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Soundtouch 10 remote control use

I have two Soundtouch 10 speakers connected as a stereo pair. Only one of the remotes will operate the pair. Can I change so other remote is the one that works (making it the master)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundtouch 10 remote control use

Author Accepted Answer selected by rcp

Hello rcp,

You can make the other speaker the master in the SoundTouch application. Simply end the stereo pair and recreate it using the desired speaker first as the master. 

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

7 REPLIES 7

Hello rcp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Do both of the remotes work when the systems are not connected as a stereo pair?

The remotes are infrared and therefore both should work.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

rcp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Hi Charlotte, Yes both remotes work when speakers used individually, but when made pair only one works and only with that ones speaker. 

Hi rcp,

Thanks getting back to me. 

I just want to confirm that I understand this matter. So, do both remotes work but you can only control one system? Or does only one remote to control the pair? 

You will not need to control both speakers in the stereo pair and one will be the master. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

rcp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

When each speaker is used individually, its respective remote operates that speaker. When made a stereo pair, only one of the remotes controls the pair and only from that ones speaker. Want the other speaker to become master and have its remote being the one that controls master. If it can't be done, I can just swap speakers.

Author Accepted Answer selected by rcp

Hello rcp,

You can make the other speaker the master in the SoundTouch application. Simply end the stereo pair and recreate it using the desired speaker first as the master. 

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

rcp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Ahhh thanks! Don't remember it asking which speaker to make master but I'll try when home. Thanks again.

rcp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Found that you have to have the speaker set as right speaker. Right speaker's remote control in "Stereo Pair" is the master emote.

Thanks much for help!